Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possible part swap?

How many different parts can I take(interior, exterior, mechanical, ect.), from a Fwd, auto, '84gl wagon, to use for my 4X4 '86 hatch? Interior mostly, but what all will fit? A kinda test-your-knowledge thing! C'mon who knows the most?

Things like doors, rear hatch, seriously I have no idea what will or won't fit.

Well I don't mean to break it to you, but If you have a 2 door hatch, the doors and hatch from a wagon won't work. Possibly the fenders foward will, plus some interior bits and pieces, probly anything on the doors except for the handle belzels wont work. Dash pieces should be the same.

I may be wrong though as im going of memory from the two, but its really al down to trial and error and what obviously wont fit just by looking at it. I have had taken parts of other cars before that would look the same but be within centimeters off.

Theres plenty of info on the EJ22's around here. Basiclly, your trans should hold up to a EJ22 N/A. If you like dumping the clutch, then maybe you should concider collecting old transmissions.

VERY new to Subies. 4spd. Man. 4X4 with the Hi-Lo in a 86 Hatch, what trans do I have? What years for the EJ22?

• 1 month later...
He's right. Brat, Coupe, Hatch - same doors. Wagon, Sedan - same doors.

Front seats are the same, front carpet, dash (except shifter console, and radio console), Window cranks, etc

Dash forward should near the same for mechanical stuffs.

GD

What years are compatable, just all ea81 models, and if so what years do they run?