Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Don't know if this is old news

So I remember reading somewhere that over in Australia they still have some D/R trannys that they put in some of there cars. So I hit Subarus website and sure enough look at what I found.

11915203287.jpg

Why is it we don't get cool crap like that. Ok I know why, no demand, but damn it that would be cool in an old legacy wagon or something. Oh well, well if someone every goes to Australia, bring me a tranny home will ya, thanks. :clap:

You brought back memories of my 1970 Datsun 240Z that had exactly the same shaped knob in exactly the same location, but it was for the manual choke. And if I recall, yes I recall .... the steering wheel was on the other side of the car!

They are built in Japan. I grew up there. We got the WRXs and all the fast stuff a few years before they arrived here (US). I arrived here in 2001, used to WRXs and Subarus being fast cars, but everyone is telling me they are slow and not that fun. Dependable and safe, sort of like a volvo.

I'm glad that's changed. My 2000 RS gets a lot of attention.