Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parting out 88XT

Hi, to all Im parting out my 88 XT 1.8L, manual with the 4WD button on the shifter. Rust has killed the frame and the tranny is on its last leg. .It wont go in to gears very well or at all sometimes. Driver window works OK but the pass you have to love it just right to get it up. Seats OK, Engine, heads..Fine, It runs fine but with a bad tranny its not going any where. Im parting it out for the next 2 weeks then calling the junk man.

Let me know what you need and what you are offering. My post office is in NY 13669

All payments need to be made via Paypal before I pull parts off.

I have the centercaps on ebay item 8067300069 right now starting bid .01 and NO RES. There are some pictures of the car here too.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8067300069&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Moderator, I know folks look for parts here but if you have to move the thread thats cool.

Last chance guys:confused: ... Im calling the tow truck in the next day or two.. .No reasonable offer refused. The more work I have to get to the more my time will cost. All payment via paypal must be done prior to pulling parts. I have sold a few to other forum members and Im pretty sure that they got a great deal... Chris

Ok Ill bite.. What is a LSD??? Chris

Its a limited slip differential.Makes both wheels turn at the same time rather than having a one wheeled wonder!:)

Also to answer the previous question about weather or not it has a lsd.I would have to say most likely no,because lsd's mostly came on turbo cars.

Also the way to check is on the sticker on the rear diff. right by the fill plug. Should read 3.700 or if it is turbo it will say 3.700 LSD. Hope that helps.

Thanks guys... Just as I sent that I knew what it was.. DUH. I highly doubt I pull something that big off anyway. Im thinking small things, mirrors, ect so they dont weigh much to ship.. Oh Well, I tried.. I think Ill call the tow guy tomorrow since my wife is really busting my b*lls about it.Chris

AAAHHH! It has cruise! If you can pull the pods (the things sticking out on either side of the steering column, with the light and A/C and wiper controls) and hang onto them for a few weeks, I'll try to buy them from you.

I'd take the wheels too (those are Motion wheels and hard-to-find!), but I just don't have the cash...

TOO MANY PROJECTS!! :mad: :mad:

Hi guys, Well y'all sure know how to cut it to the wire, since the tow man is coming tomorrow!! . Mikeshoup I got the dash off for you. Subilover I got the wiper/lights arm thing. Damn that was a bear to get out but I did and all the connections are in good shape, sorry boss cant do the rims dont have the room and the towman cant tow a car with no WHEELS. I also pulled the visors with screws (great shape no tears) and mirror and I few other things I cant think of at the moment. Ill post the pics in a few days.

Shoot me a PM and we will work out the bugs.. Cheers Chris:headbang:

desperate for all the intake hose parts. i've posted over and over and have nothing to show for it. it's very easy to get off. the large intake hose that goes from the box that houses the air filter all the way to the intake manifold.

i need all the hoses that connect TO this large hose (i already have the hose), there are like 3 hoses underneath it that go to the valve covers and PCV valve. any and all hoses/fittings/etc that connect to that hose i need. they are all relatively small and easy to remove. look at the large hoses - i will take everything that goes between this hose and the engine, all the hoses and plastic connectors you can get that are between this intake hose and the engine.

this would be awesome, email/PM or whatever if you can pull them.

thanks,

Gary