Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash Too Hard

Ok, My dash has like 3 huge cracks accross my dash, what do i do? is there somthin to fill, the thing is i bought a dash repair kit but my dash is to hard there is no soft, you push on it and it cracks, so does anyone else have or had this problem? it kinda makes my suby look junky so tryin to make her look good, any ideas? would help alot

SS

I've heard (but not tried myself) that if you rub about a 1/8" thick layer of vaseline on the dash and leave it there in the sun for a few days it will soften up the plastic.... been wanting to try it.

Best option is to replace the dash.... of course you have to find one so that's going to be difficult.

On ebay there is usually someone selling the carpet dash covers - they velcro in place and improve the appearance tremendously. I'm going to have one on my uncracked replacement dash that I have yet to install. :rolleyes: BIG cracks in mine too - looks terrible. Once I have replaced it I may attempt to fix it just for kicks - good test subject since it's already toast.

GD