Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Arrg! stupid 4EAT!!! now what should I do?

so i fixed my mom's legacy's engine, and now the tranny is starting to flake out!! :banghead:

it seems to "slip" when going around corners (like, if i step on the gas or try to even maintain speed around a corner, the engine revs up like its been put into neutral, and then "pops back into drive" when it becomes level again... (of course this is with it in drive the whole time)

and to top things off, someone decided to break the power antenna off, so it dangles by the wire off the side of the car! :madder:

so I have been thinking about just trading the legacy away for a ea81 wagon... a nice one... so that i can do away with all the stupid little problems that come with an 4EAT, 91LS legacy!

but, she sais she likes the feel of the heavier car (she called my 80 wagon a "tin can!" :eek: , and the nice interior of the legacy (blue velour, LS)

so I wonder if anyone would want to trade a nice ea81 (an 83 or 84 GL or GL-10) wagon for a legacy wagon??? ;)

or else... i need to do a tranny swap! (i want to go to the 5spd, but then I would have to convert all the little extras and stuff)

So, didn't you get this car for your mom?? Now you want to trade it for a car that she calls a 'tin can', and you expect her to be happy?? Why don't you talk with some of the techs at Carter, or maybe stop by Smart Services, I'm sure that they have more experience with these trannys that any of us old timers.