Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator for 88 wagon

So I was given a 88 wagon with a broken timing belt. And during the timing belt cover/water pump removal/ drain the coolant proceedure the pet- cock on the radiator popped off!! Think I need a new one? Hmmmm.

I'm wondering where the choice place to purchase one would be. In the Seattle area.

Thanks

i snaped one off. deep inside the rad. i just took a torch and heeted up a screwdriver and melted it into the plastic of the petcock. then unscrewed it like it was nothing...

if you need a new one. i have bought a few from performance radiator. fare price and good service.

if you just need one to get you buy. i have one you could talk me out of pretty cheep. im about 30 mins SE of Seattle.

-=Suberdave=-

The pet-cock didn't exactly snap off.. it kinda popped off. Think I need to take a better look at the construction of the doohicky. On this radiator (not sure if it is stock) the drain tube can rotate around the drain plug(pet cock) . The whole unit is an inch and a half tall or two. I should just post a pic later , describing this thing is above and beyond my literary skills.

Thanks for the offer of a used radiator, I will pass and just get a new one, thank you.

Try Spalding Auto Wrecking in Spokane; there's an 800# for them on the Board somewhere (try searching for it). They will ship you a new (not used) radiator for just under $100 plus shipping; UPS ground is one day.