Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need more lift

No Stuck

Hey guys, Was wondering if I could get more lift after I installed scorp springs...maybe tires or different rims?

Also, is there a lift mechanic in and around Long island. (i.e. east coast Mud Rat).

I tell you, this deep sugar sand on the beaches has me worried, unless I can achieve 9" clearence with the air down to 20lbs.

I believe I need to go Higher

99 obw

Hey guys, Was wondering if I could get more lift after I installed scorp springs...maybe tires or different rims?

Also, is there a lift mechanic in and around Long island. (i.e. east coast Mud Rat).

I tell you, this deep sugar sand on the beaches has me worried, unless I can achieve 9" clearence with the air down to 20lbs.

I believe I need to go Higher

99 obw

first i'd say try about 10 or 15 lbs.

second...no...there's only one mudrat...and oregon/washington has dibs

Cool, so you bought the Outback eh?

IDK, I have that much clearance under the lowest point of my car... you can go a little bigger with tires without cutting or smashing things around but not much bigger.

Based on what I've read here, if there's an East Coast mudrat... definitely don't give them any money.

Steve

What about the lift kit made by SubaXtreme, that gives you about 40mm suspension lift, lifting everything including your running gear.

How do you lift the running gear when it is connected to the rear diff. ?

That's true.... I guess I'm looking for the max height that the scorps will give..Any chance of getting a larger diam. tire under there? Wondering what the largest you can go is.

Bill

Did you say you wanted 9" under your diffs? because i just found out that that's what i have, with just forester struts in the impreza... a simple suspension lift could get you there

That's true.... I guess I'm looking for the max height that the scorps will give..Any chance of getting a larger diam. tire under there? Wondering what the largest you can go is.

Bill

that's ALOT of stress you'd be putting on you CV joints with forester struts AND kingsprings.

likely that you'll be going through cv's like oilchanges.

and don't listen to andy about the king springs. he's got money to burn.

cover.jpg

No lift what so ever. 25 PSI.

A body lift isnt going to do anything to get you farther from planet earth, it just seperates the pieces of the car.

Those are 27 SSR's, I dont think you could go much bigger than that. Without the plate I'm probably right at 9"

No lift what so ever. 25 PSI.

A body lift isnt going to do anything to get you farther from planet earth, it just seperates the pieces of the car.

Those are 27 SSR's, I dont think you could go much bigger than that. Without the plate I'm probably right at 9"

\

correct....to an extent..

a body lift will not bring up the engine and diffs any farther from the ground than stock because it actually LOWERS those elements from the car in order to raise the body upwards.

however, because of the body being higher up, you'll be able to use much bigger tires which in turn WILL lift the drivetrain/power elements.

my suspension lift gave me approx. 2 inches, and my tires add about another 1.5

\

correct....to an extent..

a body lift will not bring up the engine and diffs any farther from the ground than stock because it actually LOWERS those elements from the car in order to raise the body upwards.

however, because of the body being higher up, you'll be able to use much bigger tires which in turn WILL lift the drivetrain/power elements.

my suspension lift gave me approx. 2 inches, and my tires add about another 1.5

yes, but on an EJ car, it would be pointless, because the spring perch doesn't get any further away from the hub, which on an EJ car, is the biggest limitation on tire size.

You can always go higher, but the cheapest way is by extending the distance betwen the chasis and suspention. http://www.subaru-slo.net/viewtopic.php?t=20 But if you ll be going too high the joints will not survive.:)

Tko nekak je zgledu subi pred in nato po višanju, komplet za višanje pride okrog 5.000 do 6.000 sit.

V kratkem bodo izdelane še podložke za pod kolotek oz. vmesnik med navojnimi vložk, kolotekom in vijaki s podloškami 8) ?

Tko nekak je zgledu subi pred in nato po višanju, komplet za višanje pride okrog 5.000 do 6.000 sit.

V kratkem bodo izdelane še podložke za pod kolotek oz. vmesnik med navojnimi vložk, kolotekom in vijaki s podloškami 8) ?

It means something like before and after, and that the kit costs about 27$.

extend the upper bolts and add a spacer?

yea, that's essentially how a body lift does it, just much less effectively. and still doesn't solve the problem. the lower spring perch is just as close to the hub as before.

You can always go higher, but the cheapest way is by extending the distance betwen the chasis and suspention. http://www.subaru-slo.net/viewtopic.php?t=20 But if you ll be going too high the joints will not survive.:)

not sure what you mean by extending the distance between chassis and suspension....sounds like a suspension lift. which is what king springs on outback struts does. but only to a point. and still doesn't solve the lower spring perch problem.