Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was woundering if anyone knew anything about Subaru hybrids, I relize that anyone working on the design can't release anything but has anyone heard anything? I hear there shooting for 2008 because of the Lithium Ion Cells. I'm really excited for they Hybrids because I know that once subaru puts a hybrid engine in one model, ie impreza, forester, legacy, baja (if still produced) that most of the engineering has been done because subaru loves to use a standard motor for almost all trims except for the 3.0 H6, and the old 2.0 H4 Turbo, what I'm really hoping for and waiting on is the B9 to get a Hybrid engine, this will help with the low end torque because of the electric motor being able to put out 13 Hp and 100+ Ft Lbs instantly which will make many happy about the acceleration that was somewhat disapointing, and having a turbo charger and a hybrid will be great for low and high rpm driving because as we all know a turbo doesn't provide boost presure when the engine isn't free, but the electric motor will be ready to go providing instant accelleration! As you can probably tell I'm so excited!!!! Although my 1990 Legacy (Suzzy) won't be happy when I trade her in, and I'll be sad too... :( if only I had tooooo much money I'd restore her to knew condition so one day my kids could drive her, she is such a good car.

If at all they finally decide to fit Subarus with a hybrid engine I think the B9, Forester and Outback will be the first ones to get it. Impreza might not benefit much in terms of mpg gains as most of Impreza owners are not looking for gains in this field. Watch Saab... watch GM for any news of a hybrid...

Impreza owners are not looking for gains in this field. Watch Saab... watch GM for any news of a hybrid...

True but they Turbo Hybrid Produces more Hp and Ft Lbs than the H6, and with the electric motor being able to instantly help the gas motor it will produce more power more quickly untill the turbo is more beenifitial

I was woundering if anyone knew anything about Subaru hybrids, I relize that anyone working on the design can't release anything but has anyone heard anything? I hear there shooting for 2008 because of the Lithium Ion Cells. I'm really excited for they Hybrids because I know that once subaru puts a hybrid engine in one model, ie impreza, forester, legacy, baja (if still produced) that most of the engineering has been done because subaru loves to use a standard motor for almost all trims except for the 3.0 H6, and the old 2.0 H4 Turbo, what I'm really hoping for and waiting on is the B9 to get a Hybrid engine, this will help with the low end torque because of the electric motor being able to put out 13 Hp and 100+ Ft Lbs instantly which will make many happy about the acceleration that was somewhat disapointing, and having a turbo charger and a hybrid will be great for low and high rpm driving because as we all know a turbo doesn't provide boost presure when the engine isn't free, but the electric motor will be ready to go providing instant accelleration! As you can probably tell I'm so excited!!!! Although my 1990 Legacy (Suzzy) won't be happy when I trade her in, and I'll be sad too... :( if only I had tooooo much money I'd restore her to knew condition so one day my kids could drive her, she is such a good car.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/hybrid.html

i have a a feeling the B9 will be long gone by the time the hybrid shows up.

nipper

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/hybrid.html

i have a a feeling the B9 will be long gone by the time the hybrid shows up.

nipper

I think the B9 is hear to stay, there selling just under 2000 units a month which isn't great but its much better than the baja with 500 units. Theres a few problems with the B9 from the low gas milage and acceleration, uncomfortable 7 passanger seating configuration but its got 5 star rating on everything but roll over (4 star), its one of the safest SUV's on the market, and dealers have trouble keeping specifc configurations in stock. Plus in order to make a profit off the car they are going to have to run it for a few years to cover the cost of engineering it. I don't know if you've seen what they have planed for next year but (http://www.subaru.com/07B9Tribeca) but subaru is expanding the options for the B9 which means there happy with how it has sold and want to keep people interested

I think the B9 is hear to stay, there selling just under 2000 units a month which isn't great but its much better than the baja with 500 units. Theres a few problems with the B9 from the low gas milage and acceleration, uncomfortable 7 passanger seating configuration but its got 5 star rating on everything but roll over (4 star), its one of the safest SUV's on the market, and dealers have trouble keeping specifc configurations in stock. Plus in order to make a profit off the car they are going to have to run it for a few years to cover the cost of engineering it. I don't know if you've seen what they have planed for next year but (http://www.subaru.com/07B9Tribeca) but subaru is expanding the options for the B9 which means there happy with how it has sold and want to keep people interested

http://www.subaru.com/07B9Tribeca this way the link works :)

we shall see. i dont know if there is any room anywhere for batteries to make it hybrid, but i can easily seeing the legacy being one. It had a large enough volume. i have yet to see one on the road here :(

nipper

(i still think the tribecca is butt ugly)

I am waiting for the subaru turbodiesels. if they are really cool, they would make a diesel/electric hybrid.

chrysler did a diesel electric back in the mid 90's, which in a stratus based concept car, got 73mpg in real driving. imagine modern hybrid and diesel injection technology working together in a car weighing less than 4000 lbs. 100mpg anyone? :brow:

• 2 weeks later...
I think the B9 is hear to stay, there selling just under 2000 units a month which isn't great but its much better than the baja with 500 units.

maybe because you couldn't watch any channel with out seeing a ad for the B-9... There was not ad's for they baja.. except for now.. NE subaru has a 2-3 second shot of it driving away.. irony it's it.:-\

The salesmen I've asked seemed unimpressed with sales figures... I personally would have preferred had they expanded on the Outback 05 styling and functionality (kinda like a mini Lexus) and look forward to the B9 style sensibility driving away. (Admittedly, the grillwork seems balanced on smaller models likely the WRX). If only the world was completely responsive to my wishes...

ad for the B-9... shot of it driving away..

Tribecas are not meeting projected sales figures. Subaru is changing some stuff around for 07 to try to spark more interest.

Unfortunately, the 06 Impreza is selling like crazy, so the Edsel face isn't necessarily going away :(

Subaru's hybrid this is mostly an experiment right now, and that's mostly due to Toyota.