Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/C Fan wiring on ea81

OK, so I found a secondary fan from a car with A/C and am wanting to wire it up to my thermo switch so that both fans come on when the switch tells them to. Anyone know how just how that thermo switch works? Does it complete a ground? Someone butchered my fan wiring :rolleyes: so I am at a bit of a loss...

Many thanks!

Aaron

Just a heads up note if you do that. Since the relay now will have to power two two fans, it will have to handle more current than the relay may be designed for and cause it to fail later on. The wiring may be undersized also.

Just a heads up note if you do that. Since the relay now will have to power two two fans, it will have to handle more current than the relay may be designed for and cause it to fail later on. The wiring may be undersized also.

I'll just use the switch as a ground for a relay, which will power the fans.

Should the switch have one or two pins coming out of it? Mine has one, which I'd assume is right, but it kinda looks like there could be two...?

Thanks guys, gonna wire that up this AM!

Aaron