Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I`m wondering on how to get the best results in tuning a 92 Legacy turbo.. :clap:

Where should I begin, what should I do, and what results to expect.

Is it possible to find "bolt on" turbokits for this car?

Where should I look for parts?? I cant find parts anywhere. :confused:

Is the engine the same as in a impreza GT? :burnout:

Not much of that made a lot of sense . . . try the title --> Your legacy is a 2.2L, stock turbo legacys are 2.2L turbos. As for bolt on turbos, i dunno. And a legacy GT (not impreza) is a 2.5L engine.

Why not just buy a Gen.I Legacy Turbo model

.P.S Search the internet and forum.

Not much of that made a lot of sense . . . try the title --> Your legacy is a 2.2L, stock turbo legacys are 2.2L turbos. As for bolt on turbos, i dunno. And a legacy GT (not impreza) is a 2.5L engine.

My legacy is a 2,0 Turbo 200hp

http://home.datacomm.ch/ozmail/subaru/data.htm

READ UP DUDE!:headbang:

And by the way... I was talking about the 2,0 impreza GT engine... Thats why it said IMPREZA ;)

Before people reply, maybe they should check out which country the person asking the question is from.

The Impreza GT wasn't introduced until 93, the engine is similar, but depending upon the country that car is exported to, it might have the same or more horsepower.

For those who may not know, the Impreza GT is what the WRX was called in parts of Europe.

Before people reply, maybe they should check out which country the person asking the question is from.

The Impreza GT wasn't introduced until 93, the engine is similar, but depending upon the country that car is exported to, it might have the same or more horsepower.

For those who may not know, the Impreza GT is what the WRX was called in parts of Europe.

So if I get a 3" downpipe made for a GT/WRX, it should fit my Legacy 2,0t? How about engine parts? Chip? Is this engine called EJ20 or something like that?

So if I get a 3" downpipe made for a GT/WRX, it should fit my Legacy 2,0t? How about engine parts? Chip? Is this engine called EJ20 or something like that?
Dont think you can get any chips for the ECU, nor can you get that one flashed. The main differences are the cams, the cam followers and the amount of boost, all other parts are the same. The engine is known as an EJ20G. Yes the downpipe will fit, but from there back is questionable. There is another difference, but this changes regardless of being a GT/WRX or a Legacy/Liberty engine, and that is having a closed or open deck. If your engine has cross hatch marks cast into the block, it is a closed deck. The water and oil passages are different between that head and engine on closed or open deck engines.