Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello everyone I am new to the world of subaru I have a 1993 impreza with the 1.8 and i need to know what i can bolt on throw at this thing to get more power?? 131,000 miles runs good just slow really slow with the air on!!

take out weight. Less mass=greater acceleration. dead weight(tools, spare, seats if you never use them), rotating mass (lighter flywheel, crank pulley, and lighter rims for less rotating AND unsprung mass)

Your car CAN be competitive at autocross with some suspension bits but will never be a 1/4 - 1/8 miler.

swap in a 2.0 turbo from a wreck

Carl

its an automatic,the 2.0 turbo that you mentioned what car does it come from and how much horsepower does it have over my 111,1.8 what does stock rims weight so i can compare them to after market wheels its a fwd not all wheel drive and how long will this motor last with care it has 131,000 miles

its an automatic,the 2.0 turbo that you mentioned what car does it come from and how much horsepower does it have over my 111,1.8 what does stock rims weight so i can compare them to after market wheels its a fwd not all wheel drive and how long will this motor last with care it has 131,000 miles

the engine (motors are electrical devices, sorry pet peeeve) wil last as long as its maintained and not overheated. We have lots of soobies here crossing over into thw 200,000 mile range, and some over 300,000 miles.

1.8L is 110hp/110 ftlbs of torque (not bad by the numbers)

2,2 is 135/140

2.5 is 165/162 (1997 year of my car))

2.2L turbo is 160/181, i cant find numbers for a 2L turbo.

If its an automatic no matter what you do your going to lose alot through that pre 95 gearbox.

nipper

Someone here has maybe done that swap using a JDM motor or a motor from a wrecked older STi. But there will be a lot of info on it over at www.nasioc.com . Dunno if you can do it into an auto. I dunno what your rims weigh, I saved 3.5 pounds per corner and got wider, nicer looking wheels on my car('06 WRX). You would likely double your HP.

some good rim/tire info at http://www.tirerack.com too.

Carl