Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ej swap wiring & I need help finding an adaptor plate!

AKIRA

I picked up the wiring harness on friday and holy crap, that looks like alot.

does anyone have any tips for me when I try to cut this down?

I plan to bu ythat little guide that kennedy engineering has for the wiring.

I do have another problem, I tried to get the adaptor plate from ryan and he will be out of stock on them for six weeks, I tried allied armament, but they don't seem to sell them anymore.

does anyone know where I can get an adaptor plate now? I am going to need it sooner that six weeks.

as far as the adapter plate goes.....find some 1/8'' plywood at least 16''x16''. make sure you have access to the tranny to use a template(and the EJ motor for a template) remove any engine or tranny bolts/studs. just use a hammer to get the plywood past the dowel pins on the tranny and motor. take a pencil or sharpee marker and slide it into the tranny bolt holes, mark the plywood. do the same for the engine side of the adapter plate. basically your using the plywood as a "jig" for the adapter plate. hel, you can even use construction paper of cardboard if you have to. once you have your jig made, just transfer the pattern to the 1/2'' steel or aluminum ( i reccommend steel) plate you have. and cut/drill it out.

now once you do this you will realize that the top left (if looking at tranny) bolt holes for the tranny and motor are really close together. if you take 2 motor studs and weld them together (at least 1'' of overlap on the studs) it makes the correct stud offset that you need for the adapter plate. you may have to remove some of the metal from around the bolt on the motor side. you just drill out the top left holes and remove all material between the 2 holes, making a slot for your ghetto-rigged motor stud.

hope that made sense.

~Josh~