Ultimate Subaru Message Board

?how to clean the front bumper?

So, I have searched on the Interent for the best way to clean my front bumper with no luck of any answers. The bumper has that greyish look and I want to take it back to black. What can I use (cleaner) or do I have to sand it down and paint it?

Thanks!

There used to be a product you could get at the major auto parts stores called "Black Again" It had a black dye in it and helps turn those greying areas back to black..you usually could get a good month before you would have to reapply. I used it religiously on my VW Karman Ghia and my old Mustangs. I think its still on the market

I use that spray-can tire foam cleaner stuff (forget the name:lol: ) on both the bumpers and black side moldings..works great but doesn't last long, but it's so easy to use it's no big deal to reapply.

Just my 2 bucks

I used a product by 3M today. About $20 for a quart sized bottle. Its a multi use buffer material for paint, chrome, rubber.

Worked WONDERS for my door molding and rear hatch rubber window trim. Takes away the oxidation right down to the pure rubber. I'll get the name. I'm getting some for myself.

After the 3M, I would use the auto black/black majic/armour all etc. Until you remove the oxidized/broken down plastic, all you'll be doing is sealing in the oxidized plastic.

PURPLE DRESSING... it works wonders. No masking, no paint. Just black bumpers and trim again. I just used it on my Justy's grey bumpers.

Hey, What is this Purple Dressing and where did you get it? I tried to search it on google and I got a salad dressing and a purple gown.

~Myles~