Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 carb > EA82t

First of All:

thhi.gif

Next: You can search about that in this Site, using the "Search" button above, there are a Lot of Disscussion about it here, but I Think that is Better to Keep your EA82 Carbed like That, due to the Design of the Cams and it´s Pressure (No exactly the same in Turbo, Nor Manyfold, etc... ) but it´s Better to Change the Crappy Hitachi Carb, for a Weber... It Increases Power, (Specially at Low Range) and Acceleration, Top Speed, Etc... Along with Noise (I Love the Roar of my Weberized Wagon) but check the Emissions Restrictions in you Area First.

If you still wanna use a Turbo, maybe is Easier to Swap the Entire Engine, but in that case, (If I Could) I will Swap the EA engine, for a EJ engine... there are Adaptors for the Gearbox...

Well... Maybe another member can help you more about that... Anyway, Good Luck! :)

carbs suck, ditch the carb. get a SPFI setup, much better and fairly easy to install... iif you wannna go turbo, you have to at least swap the heads, manifold and computer stuff, kinda a hassle, so you might go EJ... a nicely modded ea82t will make the same power as a mostly stock ej22.:-\