Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new Struts/shocks for 93' leg wagon

Factor about $300 for 4 struts, and then the rest for labor. Does the above quote include an alignment? If not, factor an alignment on top of that. I've done the struts on my wife's 1993 legacy. I got the best parts price at http://www.tirerack.com Changing struts is a pretty straightforward job if your willing to tackle that yourself and save some serious cash. Maybe a friend can help you out if it's your first time changing struts.

useful links:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50268

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60902

Midas changed mine for around 500.00 dollars about seven years ago parts and labor with lifetime guarantee, and they have since changed the front again for no charge. However I just put rear struts on my other Subaru today I got them for around 65.00 dollars each from Rock Auto. You will need coil spring compressors, which can be rented at Auto Zone, I dont know if you must buy the struts from them to rent the tools or not, I bought a cheap set from Harbor Freight. Be sure and mark the orination of the top cap with the flange that bolts to the spindle. The rear on mine has an arrow showing which side out but the front dont.

question out there......

i was quoted $800.for new struts /shocks on my H2(93 leg wagon)

is that to high? i have 241k on the H2 and its time for new ones...anybody local in seattle good with replacing them :)

spark

If you provide the parts, we could probably do the job at the WCSS8 (provided the powers that be don't mind wrenching at the fair grounds) in a couple of hours, and i'd do it for some beer, if we do it "right" and have to open the brake lines, it'll take a bit longer, and it'll have to be good beer, but certainly do-able.

Dibs on the old front shocks/struts, i need some to finish the 5 lug swap, and blown out shocks aren't a concern for me.

If you provide the parts, we could probably do the job at the WCSS8 (provided the powers that be don't mind wrenching at the fair grounds) in a couple of hours, and i'd do it for some beer, if we do it "right" and have to open the brake lines, it'll take a bit longer, and it'll have to be good beer, but certainly do-able.

Dibs on the old front shocks/struts, i need some to finish the 5 lug swap, and blown out shocks aren't a concern for me.

There yours........ sounds good the old ones are not blown....just shot.......so were a good local place to get the struts.....or should i go online...i don't need $$$ ,$$$ones..just the avg type..... oh and name the Beer.....and how much ....spark

Midas changed mine for around 500.00 dollars about seven years ago parts and labor with lifetime guarantee, and they have since changed the front again for no charge. However I just put rear struts on my other Subaru today I got them for around 65.00 dollars each from Rock Auto. You will need coil spring compressors, which can be rented at Auto Zone, I dont know if you must buy the struts from them to rent the tools or not, I bought a cheap set from Harbor Freight. Be sure and mark the orination of the top cap with the flange that bolts to the spindle. The rear on mine has an arrow showing which side out but the front dont.
Rock auto eh.........i'll ck em out thanks for the info..........spark

Don't really care too much what kind, and enough to share with you, i'm not an alcoholic, i think. or Mt Dew would do fine too, that seems to be the international subie libation of choice.
LOL i don't drink more than a beer/month...iam a water or coke a cola type...

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Noah..... i want to change the struts....can you give me more info on the type of struts ect

.. send me a email sparkster055@aol.com spark