Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of my new Brat

Well, after two days of almost non stop work the brat is nearly ready for the road. My $120 brat ran decent but needed a tune up, thus far I've done plugs, rotor button, disty cap, changed the oil and put on a new front hub. After driving the car home I went thru and disposed of the carpet which was covered in mud. It's got it's fair share of rust, but for a car I have $156 in as it sets and a driver that everything works on, it can't be beat.

050115012916.jpg

050115012928.jpg

050115012808.jpg

050113110458.jpg

050115012948.jpg

See more here http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/Silverbullet25RS/The%20Brat/

Looks like the only place with any significant rust is the tailgate...

and the floor, inner fenders and rockers..... :D As for the color, don't get used to it. I'm going to go get a bunch of black primer in a while, thinking of doing a white top to repel heat...... that and I really want to go for the counterfeit Mini look:brow:

Nice brat. I had one exactly the same, I was restoring it, nice....but the stupid city of Long Beach took it away because it did not pass the smog test and I did not get the stickers ( untill the test was passed). I was not driving it, waiting to pass the test, but the mean LB police towed it away.:( :(

I felt terrible, I never recovered from that blow.

I am looking for another one. Mine was a 79, and I like it the most. I like the front more than the later ones.

I rebulit myself the Hitachi Carb and it was runing like new, a lot of torque.

Man! I need to get myself a Brat. If you now of any, p[lease let me know. I want a Brat, or a Station Wagon, from the 70's, those are my favorite ones.:)

Nice truck.