Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of the Battle Wagon finally...

Well she's my daily driver and nothing special, but I finally snapped some pics after a complete detail, and taking care of some front fender body work that had to be done. I wish I had before pictures, but the sight was so bad that you guys would have wondered why I paid 2 grand...but I saw potential:brow:

The paint was in such bad shape that I had to bust out my porter cable and go to town with compound, then polish, and finally a coat of wax!!!! It was a seven hour process!

She's got 100k, lots of new parts, and the tranny noises that I have discussed in my other thread...I love her though.:banana:

Future plans/mods include:

-recharging the A/C

-new timing belt

-Fixing the tranny noise

-Outback wheels/bigger tires

-Outback struts/suspension odds and ends

-Rebuiding the shifter to get rid of the slop (happening tomorrow)

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Legacy6.jpgLegacy5.jpgLegacy4.jpgLegacy3.jpgLegacy10.jpgLegacy8.jpg

...The WRX in the background is my toy...used to be my daily driver...modded a lot but still needs to be even faster...

rattle can job with Honda paint LOL....they discontinued the color in a spray can for this car so I had to be creative....it's the driver's side front fender....you can see it, just not in the pics which I like. Looks like the car has a bandaid on it that is a shade darker than the rest of the paint....I don't care though...I just wanted to stop any rust from showing up where the fender had been hit by a shopping cart.

I also have to take care of a little rust by the gas tank/fender in the rear,but I need to take care of other stuff first.

what are you getting for milage on that thing? i`m looking at one in Newburgh for $500, but its got 170k

I don't exactly know.....I have gotten 250 to about 12 gallons....Pretty good....The gas gauge is not reading right so I am gonna put some techron in the tank because I think that will clear it up. Maybe seafoam treat it too....but yea about 25-26 miles per gallon

the battle wagon looks pretty damn good...(better then my 94,which needs extensive rust repair)

you gotta let me know how the shifter fix goes and how you did it,mine has some major slop.

I have gotten 250 to about 12 gallons....Pretty good....

which means you got about 20-21mpg.i get anywhere from 21-23(city)depending on how i decide to drive that week.

LOL thanks suby94 for the gas milage calculation. I will let you know how the shifter slop repair goes. i am not going crAZY with new parts....only replacing the bushings and the spring that is missing. Hopefully itill make as big a difference as they say. I just hope that pb blaster works well to free up the rusted bolt that holds the bushings in otherwise I wont be able to do it.