Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The owner's manual for my 1999 outback sport says that I have a 15.9 gallon gas tank. However, my brother feels that becuase of the amount gas I put in the first time I filled up (just got it last week), it is the 13.2 on regular Imprezas. Not that it really matters which it is, but we're both just kind of curious if the owner's manual is wrong.

-kevin

The most I've put in my tank is 16.3 gallons, on the way up the hill (a mile long 8% grade) the car started sputtering, and near the top I was down to about 45 on the interstate, I gunned it and it'd get a punch and then the rpms would drop a few seconds and then another punch. I know, it doesent seem like gunning the engine would be the best bet, but I knew that the gas station was at the bottom of the hill, and if worse came to worse I could coast. 16.9 gallon tank on mine according to the manual, I dont know why the low fuel light comes on at almost 4 gallons, thats nearly a quarter of a tank.