Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL seats

I have a 1981 GL hatchback and wanted to know if the 2 front seats are interchangable from left to right or not.

Thanks in advance!

JM

:banana:

I ve put the passenger seat on the drivers side if that what your asking, you got to put:banana: the track from your old drivers seat on the passenger seat, but your lever will be on the right side of seat to tilt the seat back or forward..

I ve put the passenger seat on the drivers side if that what your asking, you got to put:banana: the track from your old drivers seat on the passenger seat, but your lever will be on the right side of seat to tilt the seat back or forward..

Thanks for the reply! Just to make sure I am reading you correctly, you mean that the tracks need to be switched as well as the seats because they are specific to each other?

JM

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply! Just to make sure I am reading you correctly, you mean that the tracks need to be switched as well as the seats because they are specific to each other?

JM

Just as an update, these seats are NOT interchangeable. The back inside bolt hole is specific to the side that it is on.

JM

its alright to leave only one bolt out. whats the worst that could happen?:grin:

i used a pass. side seat in the drivers side of mine, just switched the tracks. the seatback lever is gonna gouge the heck out of your console tho. its worth it if you have a torn up drivers seat, but a good pass side spare seat