Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need some help! EMERGENCY! car in- need tommorow!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torque wrenches I have just click when reach specified torque, but do not release - I can definitely keep on torqing with it, stripping the treads and damaging torque wrench itself :)

WHAT!!! OMG!! ur kidding!! You sure!! but i reset it and it still was hard to turn!! OMG!! does anyone else know if it is suppost to release after it clicks? AWW!! im scared, can someone help me!!

Nope not to tight not to loose, i can still push the belt a tiny bit. So is that reputible? or does it need to be more tight maybe? is it slipping possibly?

heheh i meant a reputable place for a new altanator. Check all your electrical connections first.

nipper

heheh i meant a reputable place for a new altanator. Check all your electrical connections first.

nipper

I did, and i sprayed them with contact cleaner, but what happen was the other day i was working in the rain with the hood open!! if rain was sitting in the alternator could it cause this issue? and damage it? SHould i spray it with somethng.

WHAT!!! OMG!! ur kidding!! You sure!! but i reset it and it still was hard to turn!! OMG!! does anyone else know if it is suppost to release after it clicks? AWW!! im scared, can someone help me!!

No nevermind it says the type i have is suppost to release when reached desirable torque spec.

DOH! i thought there was magic spray, lol. What do u suggest rebuilt or a new altnerator.

magic wands maybe, lighting candles and sacrificing a chicken, sometimes, but no magic spray (not good for the ozone you know)

i would prefer you go to a mom and pop autoparts store, as the quality from the chains are iffy. If all you have is a chain, then you have no choice.

nipper

magic wands maybe, lighting candles and sacrificing a chicken, sometimes, but no magic spray (not good for the ozone you know)

i would prefer you go to a mom and pop autoparts store, as the quality from the chains are iffy. If all you have is a chain, then you have no choice.

nipper

Im going to call subaru and ask how much a OEM one cost, probably better quality, and if i do get one from a chain store, whats a good brand?

hmm,well my mom really loves driving this car, so the shipping would take to long, im still debating over a rebuild or new oem? Err!

no one buys new. Rebuild can be better then new. And consdiering how long this thread has taken, a few more days wont hurt. Jamie ships fast.

Besides it will give you an idea of price.

nipper

Ok, now the alternator is installeed and everything is working,and everything is running perfectly smooth. But something is bothering me. When i look at the pulley spinning, its not like boucing but its not going round 100 percent without and vibration, but do u think its ok, its not shaking, its just like shaking maybe 1mm but it shouldnt matter right? Its still torqued, and it runs great. so should i say all is well? Anyone wana say it for me, all is well?

boy everyone gave up on me, well it works perfectly, runs super smooth, idles super smooth, and theres no play on the pulley, the only play is on the left side off my brain. Well like i said guys, i torqued it at 140ft-lbs with gallons off loctite, im hoping its safe. But it is holding. So i guess its alright, correct? Alternator is replaced, and working, battery says 14v on my meter. And i changed the belts and its super quiet. Now i just need to install the rear brake pads and im good to go:banana::banana::banana::banana:.!!!! Right now when i reverse when i hit the brakes it makes a loud grinding noise(metal+metal=noise) and i got some anti squiek and everything should be good. Hopefully for another 9999999years like i said, because money is strapped, hopefully the stock will go through the roof and then i can get a paint job:)(finish the little bit of dents). Then later i might change the rear shock, seems a little bouncy in the rear. Thanks guys for all ur help, and im glad to see a thread i started at the 7th page(maybe 8th in 10seconds).:clap: