Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a new motor?

Hey everyone. I found a site today that sells EA82Ts at a good price IMHO. I know that many of you(along with myself) have been experimenting with the EA82T to see what it's limits are. In saying that, if you are part of the multitude who has blown up your motor and are in need of a new(well, not really NEW, more like new to you:D ) engine, here is a website that sells them:

http://www.ni-mo.com/subaru.htm

Best of all, if you have been thinking about doing an EJ swap, they sell them too!!!! I just figured that I would let everyone know about this!

Patrick

Caleb, you're very welcome.

I stumbled across this site while I was looking for another EA82T, in the case that the one in my GL-10 now is on it's way out. But lately, I've been thinking more and more about doing an EJ20T swap. I guess I could just wait to see if I will be able to import my 95 WRX wagon or not. Because if not, The good ol' Draggin' Wagon will be getting an EJ20T with full wiring harness, fuse box, ecu, etc.

when your ready to do this, shoot me a PM. i have done 2 EA82t to EJ20G conversions now. one wagon and one coupe.

that engine was built to go in an EA8 body car. fits like a glove.

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com/subaru

Caleb, you're very welcome.

I stumbled across this site while I was looking for another EA82T, in the case that the one in my GL-10 now is on it's way out. But lately, I've been thinking more and more about doing an EJ20T swap. I guess I could just wait to see if I will be able to import my 95 WRX wagon or not. Because if not, The good ol' Draggin' Wagon will be getting an EJ20T with full wiring harness, fuse box, ecu, etc.

when your ready to do this, shoot me a PM. i have done 2 EA82t to EJ20G conversions now. one wagon and one coupe.

that engine was built to go in an EA8 body car. fits like a glove.

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com/subaru

I found a junked Legacy getting parted out.... It is so tempting to make a mess out of yard that doesn't belong to me. :)

That swap with some extra mods I thought of to stay 2wd in a Loyale would be incredible.

I find many, including ebay, but Here is another link for engines:

http://actionsalvage.com/engine/UsedEngineSubaru.asp

LOL, the ER27 (xt6 engine, $2700) is the most expensive engine up there, other than TT 3000GT engines, and turbo supra engines... and those supra motors blow like lightbulbs, and i know my mom's NA mitsu blew a motor in under 100K.... we got a better price than this site for a mitsu motor. that car is AWESOME btw.. she has a 96 3000GT SL (FWD, but the DOHC motor. just shy of the vr-4. not bad for a sixty year old lady, huh?) and even though its heavy, its fast. torque steer is ridiculous though.

and those supra motors blow like lightbulbs

how do you figure?

I've personally witnessed 2jz turbo dyno passes with a stock bottom end pushing 900+ rwhp.

now if you're refering to the 7mgte engine out've the older mk3 supras... then yes, they were notorious for head gasket failure. simple solution, arp head studs and a stainless steel head gasket.

sorry for the rant, but I'm a die-hard toyota fan, so I just couldnt let this comment slide.

how do you figure?

I've personally witnessed 2jz turbo dyno passes with a stock bottom end pushing 900+ rwhp.

now if you're refering to the 7mgte engine out've the older mk3 supras... then yes, they were notorious for head gasket failure. simple solution, arp head studs and a stainless steel head gasket.

sorry for the rant, but I'm a die-hard toyota fan, so I just couldnt let this comment slide.

no offense taken, it was a remark made in ignorance and i will admit that. i dont know much about toyotas, but i know that i have seen more mazdas that still had the motor in them in the junkyard than i have supras. you catch my point? i see supras, but NEVER one with a motor. it always gets pulled on the way. that, plus im sure ive heard about the headgasket issue you were talking about, and the only person ive known who owned one killed two motors in his... in the end, all the data that _I_ have tells me they blow like lightbulbs. do the soobie motors do, with any fairness i have to say yah. i didnt mean the remark to be so cutting. :lol:

my only point was that its an expensive motor because demand is high, because alot of them have eaten themselves and gone to the crusher because of it. they might not have holed the block... but they still got crushed.

putting myself in your shoes, id have reacted the same way to a datsun remark.

• 2 years later...