Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What If.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me see i would swap in an ej22 in first then i would do the 5 lug conversion and put in 18" chrome DUB wheels with the suspension lowered 2" then put in a navigation system up front a 12" DVD screen in the ceiling for the rear passengers a body kit all around fix all the knicks in the body and all the surface rust tint the windows put an STi exhaust from front to rear i would keep the same color (Marina Blue) oh yeah put in a sony xplode head deck with Bose speakers in the doors and to 12" woofers in the cargo area with 2 2000 watt amps. all into my 85' GL wagon. oh i almost forgot the dual range 4WD stays in place. that would be the pimpest old skool suby ever!!! hey i wish i had photo shop to see how my suby would look like with those 18" DUB wheels and full body kit LOWERED!!! lets keep dreaming :(

Woah woah woah.... lets not get crazy here.... your not one of those punks who likes to go around town blasting there woofers annoying the hell out of everyone...i have woofers in my subie but.. i dont blast them!

Is this nopi tunervision on this forum????

If i had an unlimited budget, i'd fill the car to the brim with 100 dollar bills, and drive around and give them away, specifically in urban areas, starting in Seattle, and working my way around the globe until i got to the tip of russia, then i'd get it to float, and drive down from Alaska to tierra del fuego.

If you have a good photo copier you could start your drive now.........:D

If i had an unlimited budget, i'd fill the car to the brim with 100 dollar bills, and drive around and give them away, specifically in urban areas, starting in Seattle, and working my way around the globe until i got to the tip of russia, then i'd get it to float, and drive down from Alaska to tierra del fuego.

If you have a good photo copier you could start your drive now.........:D

I forgot to add....I would turn my '82 GL wagon into the worlds sweetest lawnmower. I would add a second driveline out the back of the diff to turn the blades. I would drive it to all of the high dollar charity events I would be attending, and I would get designer gowns custom made in harvest beige. For my '86 wagon that I wrecked last year, I would completely rebuild it so it was perfect. Infact, it would be so perfect that it could be my indoors car, since my house would be so big that you had to have a subaru to get around. Obviously, it would be able to climb my spiral staircases. I think I would chrome my entire '88 GL wagon. I would drive it everywhere I went, and I would have my assistant's assistant hire me a shiner. My shiner would sit in the backseat until the car was parked, and then he would polish like crazy. Infact, I might just hire one of thoes crazy shoe shiner guys to be my shiner. I would go cliche on my '81 wagon and make it a sleeper, though I would drop in an EJ20TT not the EJ257. I would install a rice cooker in the cargo bay, and power it off of exhaust and rain water. On nights when I feel mischevious, I would throw sticky rice at the ricers and then outrun them. For my '88 GL-10 twagon, I would invent marbel-like WRC-colored gel-caps of nitrous and feed them to the intake via a hopper. I would keep them in a cookie jar that said 'Scooby Snacks' on it, and I would install a stereo that would only play the Fun Lovin' Criminals. I think I would keep my sedan pretty much as-is with just a few mods that I'm planning to do anyways. Though I would create a bullet-proof glass vault for it that sinks down under the driveway with a push of a button . It would be a cross between the vault that holds the constitution and the elevators on an aircraft carrier.

...but I would live my life in sorrow, because all I've ever really wanted was a brat...

I could use this idea!!! Greatone! :drunk:

SVX 3.3l motor, with an eaton M62 on top of it, it a totaly stock looking EA82 3-door, silver. Dual range forrester tranny, so that I could launch the snots out of the car. Good mufflers and a lot of underhood sound mat to cut the supercharger whine. Way better headlights so that I can see what I'm about to hit at 150mph.

I'd put a nice radio in, no subs, just a good headunit and nice speakers. I'm soo done with this cracking the stock speakers.

Have a set of wider tires for the dragstrip. Let those integra's suck on that.

The RX would get the treatment it deserves. 1st would be a new paintjob--subaru's crystal grey metalic. Suspension would get the full meal deal, and engine would be an h6 fully done internally, and maybee a supercharger just to be different. Interior would stay the same, except that one bad spot on the seat.

75 Wagon, black or orange, or both with titanium rollcage, entire unibody covered with a contoured titanium shell for reinforcement, a fully titanium version of whatever Subaru's torquiest flat 4 is converted to an air/muddy water-cooled diesel with mechanical injection that produces 330 lb/ft. from 850-6500 rpm, but only makes like 110hp, mated to a 5 speed transmission, as in not a transaxle but a RWD machine until I put it into TRIPLE RANGE 4WD! I was wanting to use factory-style parts from Subarus around the world but pretty sure nobody makes 3-ranges. Lifted 6 inches with full underbody armor that's easy to take off and some hardcore indestructible half shafts, probably made out of titanium. Can you tell I like titanium? Stock interior but with a good AM/FM/CD, cushier seats, loudspeaker and lots of sound insulation. Spots on the roof where lawn chairs and a cooler can be secured to for when your driving it across the lake. Oh yeah, it's amphibious because there's a prop on the back of the rear diff and it has inflatable pontoons or something.

And under Phizinza's design, actually make the EA82 hatch and put into production.

OH! you said CURRENT SUBARU! That's just cruel man, let's all stomp on Sako's dreams why don't we!? Well, just pretend it's a few weeks from now and change 75 to 77.

75 Wagon, black or orange, or both with titanium rollcage, entire unibody covered with a contoured titanium shell for reinforcement, a fully titanium version of whatever Subaru's torquiest flat 4 is converted to an air/muddy water-cooled diesel with mechanical injection that produces 330 lb/ft. from 850-6500 rpm, but only makes like 110hp, mated to a 5 speed transmission, as in not a transaxle but a RWD machine until I put it into TRIPLE RANGE 4WD! I was wanting to use factory-style parts from Subarus around the world but pretty sure nobody makes 3-ranges. Lifted 6 inches with full underbody armor that's easy to take off and some hardcore indestructible half shafts, probably made out of titanium. Can you tell I like titanium? Stock interior but with a good AM/FM/CD, cushier seats, loudspeaker and lots of sound insulation. Spots on the roof where lawn chairs and a cooler can be secured to for when your driving it across the lake. Oh yeah, it's amphibious because there's a prop on the back of the rear diff and it has inflatable pontoons or something.

And under Phizinza's design, actually make the EA82 hatch and put into production.

OH! you said CURRENT SUBARU! That's just cruel man, let's all stomp on Sako's dreams why don't we!? Well, just pretend it's a few weeks from now and change 75 to 77.

850 to 6500 wow thats a powerband!

• 3 months later...

mmmmmm, all the money and i could do what i like, number of choices, im trying to make my blue truck into a rally speced out machine, the lot, fully welded in rollcage, sparco bucket seats, race harnesses, stripped out, loads of toggle switches, fire extiguisher etc etc, im working on the engine at the moment, i wont be able to get max power out of it cause my wallet aint fat enough! but im having the bottom end completly balanced, lightend flywheel, and stuff, doing some porting, and hopefully some SPFI pistons added with HP cams, springs and lifters, should be getting some desert rats as i think they are awesome, added with some rally treads and a cherry bomb back box with stainless steel 2"-2 1/2" pipe would LOVE an LSD in the back, and if i had the chance possibly an impreza 5 speed box, with a dog kit on it, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! i would really like to get an EA81T and tune the nuts off it, and i no they aint good for turbos and other parts, but a antilag system so she pops and bangs ;) but, this is only what if.... the other consideration would be an STI brat, but we all no thats not cheap! but most importantly, i would get all the rust done! oh, i could go on forever, but you get jist!

Hmm, now that I actually have a Subaru again (woohoo!)

I would: strip everything, acid dip the body, repair all rust, rustproof all metal and paint it a pearly cream white color with factory-looking red metallic stripes, restore the interior and keep it stock except for a nice stereo, Rhinoline the bed. Add a sunroof, front pushbar w/winch. Put on a Weber 32/36 and have some kind of system that would "spray" CNG onto that carb, port and polish heads, camshaft for maybe 85hp, keep the single range and get some nice powdercoat white or black wagon wheels.

I still wonder how hard it would be to retrofit a second 2wd driveline into the trunk. can you say EA82T.. times Two??? O-ring the block(s) and do some sick boosting with some 280ZX injectors.... who needs a transfer case??? viscous coupling? diff lock?? PFFT!!!!!

its funny, I was thinking about this thread earlier today.. I have been after my little brother to drop a soob driveline into his CRX... I had an even better idea!! one of my uncles datsun roadsters!!! full tank of gas, and a driver the thing tips the scale at like 2100 pounds. unfortunately, it would be REALLY hard to squeeze a pancake motor in between the frame rails on that car.... BUT... there IS always the idea to go rear engine... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I still wonder how hard it would be to retrofit a second 2wd driveline into the trunk. can you say EA82T.. times Two??? O-ring the block(s) and do some sick boosting with some 280ZX injectors.... who needs a transfer case??? viscous coupling? diff lock?? PFFT!!!!!

its funny, I was thinking about this thread earlier today.. I have been after my little brother to drop a soob driveline into his CRX... I had an even better idea!! one of my uncles datsun roadsters!!! full tank of gas, and a driver the thing tips the scale at like 2100 pounds. unfortunately, it would be REALLY hard to squeeze a pancake motor in between the frame rails on that car.... BUT... there IS always the idea to go rear engine... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Didn't you ever read that Ultimate Street Car Challenge in SCC where some dude built a little car (I think it was a Civic) with two engines and two transmissions? Made for some impressive multidirectional burnouts.

My dream?

My XT6 painted WRX blue with Viper red pinstriping and decals

V10 Viper engine and 6speed tranny, non-governed or chipped ECU

custom gauges installed in the place of the old ones

sparco seats, back seats customized sparco seats

complete custom white leather interior

racing hart 18 inch rims

limo tinted all around

400 watt amp and sub, four 6x9s with a decent Pioneer deck

big a** decal saying "bring it on ricer boy" on the back window

and... get some einstein smart guy to fit it all in my xt6 :lol::lol::lol: