Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nonfunctional Heater Fan Speeds Repair Manual

I'm experiencing the condition described in this repair manual. Fan speeds 1 and 2 are non-functional, but 3 and 4 work just fine. It has great instructions for getting to the resistor block, but omits what should be done when one gets there. Could the author of this repair manual add the repair steps to the repair manual? Failing that, can anyone else fill in the missing steps?

Thanks,

BB

I went on my own to fix it. If it fried once , it will do it again. This is my fix, you can risk it yourself if you really need it.It has been several weeks with it fixed , I leave it on one from the second the key gets turned on, etc. works like original

http://93loyale.com/htrfan.html

there are many combinations, if you cant use original resistance. the actual numbers for the resistors are in a post somewhere on the board. That would be my first attempt, if I did not splice what was left back together for original integrity (and then some).I would no doubt replace with a normal looking resistor setup given the oem numbers. finding an original, would be 12 years old, at thier newest. It is one of those pieces time can destroy, as much as use. time for some ingenuity..

I will post a fix given the numbers, to take out original wekaness entirely, as well as those coils getting tangled in things that would hurt them. (mine had hair in it) :confused: