Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What are good ECU measurements?

I'm using Vikash's great program to monitor my ECU metrics. Since I'm unfamiliar with the various ranges of the parameters, would someone look them over and give some feedback? Unfortunately since I'm using a old rump roast laptop, the battery is dead so I can't drive around and monitor values. I did drive around town to get the car warmed up, then sat in the driveway idling.

Idling:

RPM 625-700

Coolant 192-203F

Ignition Timing 15

Airflow 1.04-0.98v

Load 39-42

Throttle PS 4.68

Injector PW 2.4-2.6ms

IAC duty 0.365

O2 0.04-0.8v

Fuel trim -1.56-2.56%

Timing correction 0

Boost control 1.56%

Bar pressure 663.75 torr

Boost/Vac -18 inHg

Reving: & holding to around 3-3.5K

RPM

Coolant

Ignition Timing 47

Airflow 1.9v

Load

Throttle PS 4.2

Injector PW 2.1-2.3ms

IAC duty 32.50%

O2

Fuel trim 3.12%

Timing correction

Boost control 93%

Bar pressure

Boost/Vac

1) Is the O2 sensor ok? Seems kind of low, or would that change more while driving?

2) The barometric pressure was reading at 663.75 torr, which is 12.82 PSI. I'm at ~4300 ft. This limits by boost range a lot before the fuel cut could kick in, right?

3) How are the other values?

You could probably pick up a power inverter for $25 or so, that will run your laptop just fine. :) It's useful for other stuff too, but it's an easy way to test out your car under load and all..

-Eric :)

I've yet to find a power inverter that will charge either of my laptops. Something about the sine wave not working with the transformer...I dunno...all I know is it doesn't work, I was dissapointed...

I've yet to find a power inverter that will charge either of my laptops. Something about the sine wave not working with the transformer...I dunno...all I know is it doesn't work, I was dissapointed...

Ive been using an APC PNOTEAC75 for 4 weeks now that runs and charges my laptop.

nipper

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the APC unit. But at places like CompUSA, you can get adapters that will convert the 12VDC to whatever your laptop needs, without going to AC and then back to DC.. (perhaps that one does this?) That might make a smoother sine wave, generates less heat, etc..

OTS but can i use this homemade scanner on my 97 Impreza? If not is there another one that i can? Thanks, id love to be able to look at my ecu without having to shell out $5k for a snap on scanner.

Pete

I don't think so. Vikash's scanner only works with OBDI as I recall and cars after 95 are OBDII.