Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found a Wagon KILLER

I had just finished my fender well repair, paint wasn't even dry. I went out to check on things and found four little streams of water from the rain. Drip drip drip , right before my eyes. This explains the rear quarter panel repair #3 and possibly the rocker panel. We have anything but toxic rain here in maine really. :confused: I siliconed this frustration and threw it back together... I didn't forget the elusive roof rack rail leaks either.:)

How do all of these wagons I see here stay so good?! I have yet to see one (ea82 years) without at least some of these troubles. Oh well it's fixed. It may have even fed the bizarre wheel well injury...

windowtrimleakba2.jpg

please refrain from using silicone for sealant.....it is very acidic and actualy promotes rust....try a more mundane body sealant........i know silicone is handy and everyone uses it....... um just ask your favorite bodyman he will point you in the right direction......i say that cause there are alot of body sealants made ....every body guy has his fav........and i bet ya a dollar it isn't silicone. thats my story and i'm sticking to it.........:D

• 3 years later...

Reviving the dead but how does the trim at the rear windows come off? I'm fixing the same situation myself right now.

I had just finished my fender well repair, paint wasn't even dry. I went out to check on things and found four little streams of water from the rain. Drip drip drip , right before my eyes. This explains the rear quarter panel repair #3 and possibly the rocker panel. We have anything but toxic rain here in maine really. :confused: I siliconed this frustration and threw it back together... I didn't forget the elusive roof rack rail leaks either.:)

How do all of these wagons I see here stay so good?! I have yet to see one (ea82 years) without at least some of these troubles. Oh well it's fixed. It may have even fed the bizarre wheel well injury...

windowtrimleakba2.jpg