Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Inappropriate charges for a transmission($3000CDN) !!!!

OK, well now my dad is angry,FINALLY. Now this tranny shop quoted 1500 for a drive solenoid and clutch pack change, now then i go to floor it didnt shift. THe tranny shop had the car for a month. Then the rump roast there says the problem is the TCU,im thinking thats impossible!! but i cant argue, and the car just didnt feel right. But instead we get this HUGE bill!! for 3000CDN !!!! there nuts, really crazy, but my dad payed the bill. But still these guys are a bunch of ()&^%*&() like there never told us they did all this ************!! there is a really really really long list of crap they did, and the tcu had rust on it, he charged me 700!!! for a TCU with rust on the side? OK, hes a big bull************er. But the problem is i never looked into things until now, when the AWD stopped working 100 percent. But to tell u the truth, i think this mofo's just didnt fill the tranny 100 percent full and thne the clutch packs slipped, and the tranny was garbage. Another thing is the tranny from 1st gear shifts at 6200rpms, when it used to shift at 6500rpms and pulled me when shifting to 2nd gear.

Well this is my problem now, how do i fight them? wait till winter? Like if i show it when it's dry outside, what do i do? when i floor it the front wheels spin though, and it acts the exact same with the FWD fuse in, and when it rains, the front wheels spin every so often. Think I should wait for it to rain again then go? or wait for winter then complain? or go ASAP? And when i go what should i fight them about? how the used wheel bearings they installed for 150 were still bad,and cost me 400 for a ABS sensor? GRR:mad:. the frickin car isn't worth 3000CDN!!! LIKE comon! give me a break. For 1200 i could have got a new tranny and engine with under 60,000KM INSTALLED TOO!! and i spent 3000 on a tranny, that doesnt even work properly? Well ill probably go tommorow if it is still wet outside. But it better not work the AWD when i get there, does it matter if the car isn't warmed up yet?

OK, thanks guys for reading my long complaint about the Import Tranny Shop, ill post there address and actual name, just for you Canadian's no who not to go to, and where to crash ur snow plows into.:grin:

EDIT: HERES THE PICS OFF THE RECEIPT

IMAGE0001.jpg

IMAGE0002.jpg

i don't know how things work in Adanac, but if it was here in the USA i would advise

a-Write the state departemtn of DMV

b-Write the BBB

c-Write the state attorney General

d-Write any local consumer protection boards

e- small claims court (have another mechanic inspect it first to get things in writing)

nipper

ok, im reading over the invoice now, and it says these idiots changed the torque converter 4 times, i remember they told me it kept cracking every run? But to verify, if the car is cold, and i just back it out of the driveway and floor it, in rain, should the front wheels spin?

ok, im reading over the invoice now, and it says these idiots changed the torque converter 4 times, i remember they told me it kept cracking every run? But to verify, if the car is cold, and i just back it out of the driveway and floor it, in rain, should the front wheels spin?

No, unless your tires are bald.

dont go to the tranny shp doing burnouts. They'll tell you its your fault. No, the tires aren't supposed to spin with conditions like that, but if u go to them slamming the gas trying to get them to spin they'll say you broke the tranny.

so what do i do!!! but still i want them to do something about the abs sensor they broke, like give me 300. So again i ask, should i wait for it to snow, and see how it runs? Im still debating whether or not to change the tranny fluid.

Ok, im going to have to get around to doing all this. Thanks guys, ill tell u how it goes. But i dont really have another mechanic, just subaru dealer mechanics? can i ask them to inspect it, see if it working properly? and they already wrote up something about the abs sensor.

Ok, well, i was just wondering. do credit card companies insure something like this, someone told me they do, is that correcT? becuase i can easily call mastercard lol, but my dad said hes goin to make the tranny shops lives hell, so he will keep bugging them, he said he doesnt really care he paid 3000, hes just wants to p*** them off :grin:

Ok, well, i was just wondering. do credit card companies insure something like this, someone told me they do, is that correcT? becuase i can easily call mastercard lol, but my dad said hes goin to make the tranny shops lives hell, so he will keep bugging them, he said he doesnt really care he paid 3000, hes just wants to p*** them off :grin:

call MC and tell them there is a dispute on the chgarges, they will withold payment untill its resolved. this will get thier attention fast. But that only works if it was paid in the last 30 days.

nipper

call MC and tell them there is a dispute on the chgarges, they will withold payment untill its resolved. this will get thier attention fast. But that only works if it was paid in the last 30 days.

nipper

acually sometimes something over a month they will hold, I've experienced this, to bad the awd worked before.

I'm thinking if I tried to drive my 93 legacy that hard I wonder how long it would last. I need transportation, not a hot rod.

We put a 5 litre mustang in a 740 Volvo awhile back and that was a screamer, the rest of the car had a hard time keeping up!

Good luck.

First and last time I got screwed by a shop I called the attorney general's office and the guy turned out to be a real crook. Luckily I was able to "steal" my truck back before I had to pay their whole bill because I had to re-do all the work. The guy ended up in jail--they caught him one weekend drunk-driving 100 miles away in a customer's car!

you know what i forgot to mention, these idiots couldn't figure out why my speedo is like this, its bounces watch this video, its more in the middle where u see the bouncing, its only at lower speeds, can anyone explain why it hops liek that?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kNeFT2VLWk

i dont need to see the video, you need a spedo cable.

Man did you ever get taken, im so sorry....

nipper

i dont need to see the video, you need a spedo cable.

Man did you ever get taken, im so sorry....

nipper

lol, im bored, and keep repeating crap, lol, yes i have acually, but i got something easily, and i got taken with the same thing, the car was just out of warrenty, and the tranny wouldn't shift into 4th gear, then 3rd, then i had to get it fixed, but this happened after subaru did a tranny oil change. LOl, but i called subaru, and they fixed it free.:grin: they rebuilt the whole tranny.

• 3 weeks later...
WTF USED WHEEL BEARINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

andsomething else doesnt add up, a rebuilt tranny should have everything all done to it, no need for a clutch pack or valve body as seperate line items.

nipper

THATS WAHT SUBARU TOLD ME!!! they told me the front left bearing that they replaced was bad, and IT COST ME A NEW ABS SENSOR :mad::mad::mad:

THATS WAHT SUBARU TOLD ME!!! they told me the front left bearing that they replaced was bad, and IT COST ME A NEW ABS SENSOR :mad::mad::mad:

Ne wheel bearings arent much more. a new tranny mount cost me 85.00 from the dealer. And there is only one mount i do beleive.

88.00 to flush the cooler lines?

Man they are a rip off...

nipper

Ne wheel bearings arent much more. a new tranny mount cost me 85.00 from the dealer. And there is only one mount i do beleive.

88.00 to flush the cooler lines?

Man they are a rip off...

nipper

lol, ur telling me, they wouldnt even tell me anything over the phone, i just get there and they throw this bill at me.