Ultimate Subaru Message Board

caster rod(?) modification?

I was talking to a guy in a local club meet about suspension and tire rubbing. He said there was a car (he said the name, but I have forgotten) that has ones that are longer and move the front wheels 2" further forwards. Just wondering if anyone knows about this and what car they are off of. I kinda remember something about ford, but am unsure. Any idea?

Is caster rod the thing I am talking about? The part that bolts the the body and to the hub that goes on a angle towards the back of the car.

It's the radius rod, and you can't change it's length without also changing the control arm - I guess you could use EA82 control arms as they would move it forward about that much, but they are also longer. Personally if you are going to all the trouble I would just fabricate a complete "A" arm and drop the silly radius rod altogether.

GD

i have a feeling they were falcon XD castor rods?

few boys on ausubaru have used em

however im currently running 24mm HT threaded rod ground flat at the lower control arm end, gives me as much adjustment as i could possibly use

im also runing L series lower control arms

i did a quick search, found this post

http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4369&highlight=falcon