Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found out why my crankcase was full of milkshake...

...it was caused by a darned freeze plug coming loose. I fully expected a blown headgasket, but when I took off the driver's side cam case, out fell a little brass-colored disk (looked sorta like a bottlecap). At first I didn't recognize it for what is was, but I set it aside until I discovered where it came from. I'm still going to do the head gaskets, but it looks like the freeze plug was the reason water poured into the radiator went straight to the oil pan. Does anyone have any recommended freeze plug sources - I think I'd like to replace all of them since the one that fell out is pretty badly corroded (looks rusty, so it must not be brass). Will regular old auto part store plugs work, or should I go OEM on these? Thanks.

hmm... havnt had to replace 2 many freezeplugs before... well.. ive only done it once... but... I would almost always stick with oem and if not oem then a good name brand company in the JDM... remember.. most of the time in the world of cars.. especially parts... you get what you pay for... unless its from a mag like jegs............

http://www.1stsubaruparts.com should have what you need...!!! there preety darn good prices for oem parts!!!