Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru does indeed appear to be ditching the Edsel nose. The 08 Impreza drawing does not have it.

While the Edsel-nose cars are doing well here in the U.S. (God knows why :rolleyes:), the U.S. isn't the only market. If the cars don't sell in Europe or Japan, then the designers have to change it again, and that automatically means the U.S. models change with it.

That's exactly what happened to the bugeye Impreza. We loved it, probably because we finally had a performance Subaru. But the other markets didn't like it, and weren't buying it. So Subaru went to the 04-05 design.

Then they changed it again and tried to fix what wasn't broke :mad:

But changing back makes me a very happy panda :D

That Forester is just a photochop.

Some people definitely prefer the bugeye over anything else. To a point, I agree, because I still miss the deep-dish fogs in the bugeye.

Some people, like me, prefer the 04-05 design over any other GD/GG Impreza. I think it looks the most Subaru-ish.

And yes, some people prefer the Edsel nose. I can see how everything looks better, the headlights, the bumper. The grill still ruins it for me though.

And then some people prefer the GC/GF/GM Impreza, which ultimately, I do.

But the fact of the matter is, Subaru is a company, in business to make money just like anyone else, and sales figures talk, so whatever they have to do to make the MOST people happy, that's what they're going to do.

But the fact of the matter is, Subaru is a company, in business to make money just like anyone else, and sales figures talk, so whatever they have to do to make the MOST people happy, that's what they're going to do.

I believe you ment, they'd do whatever makes the most $$$ for them ;)

I love Subaru for following their own path, but that is a snout

only Jimmy Durante's Mother could love.

I read somewhere that one of the Tribeca's designers was just

canned. Not saying that's fair, but I don't see too many Tribeca's

around here, (CT), tons of Foresters and every other Subie though.:headbang: