Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hitched another subaru

well its good to be back after nearly 2 months with another suby!!! as you all know i have the 85 GL Wagon, well now i also am the proud owner of a lucent gray GL-10 Wagon with an auto tranny and no 4WD with turbo mpfi engine with oodles of rust. i have a few questions first off the passenger side rear door is jammed it wont open and the passenger front door lock is stuck in the unlock position the power lock motor for that door works but it does not lock then the power windows are kinda clunky!!! please let me know what i can do to fix that!!! its good though to see my suby family grow!!!

1986 GL-10 Turbo Wagon aquired October 14, 2006

Thanks to GL-10 Turbo!!!

See Ya' :headbang:

clunky windows... if you mean they're running slow by that, I think you can pull the door panel off and somehow disassemble the switch and just clean it. I think brake cleaner would work just fine. that stuff evaporates fairly quickly. 2 months... that's a while. i wrecked mine, (the one in my avatar) and bought a soob a week later. i simply can't imagine 2 months... haha

thanks for the replies now another question is how can i install a new stereo without sacrificing the trip computer. as for the trip computer itself where can i find the bulbs that light up the trip computer display. the one on the dash.

thanks for the replies now another question is how can i install a new stereo without sacrificing the trip computer. as for the trip computer itself where can i find the bulbs that light up the trip computer display. the one on the dash.

my car has an aftermarket sterio in it and... my trip computer still works... it has this big thick extention piece of plastic that brings it out about 3 inches... I didnt install it so I dont know where to get things for it...

ABout the lights... Well.. I took mine apart and... lost 1 in the process... and some how lost the otherone too.. but I took a picture in my photographic memory... I dont know where to get them but NorthWet suggested that I try checker or something like that... Im gonna go to BAP since there exclusivly imports... I hope i can find them!!! Besure to post if you find where to get them!!

Turbo light...

Could be the bulb is burnt out?

Or the pressure switch is unplugged

Or the vacuum line going to the pressure switch is disconnected.

The pressure switch is on the passenger side strut tower. Being an 86, there'll be two, ones the fuel cutoff, and the other is the light on the dash. They both look a like.

Turbo light...

Could be the bulb is burnt out?

Or the pressure switch is unplugged

Or the vacuum line going to the pressure switch is disconnected.

The pressure switch is on the passenger side strut tower. Being an 86, there'll be two, ones the fuel cutoff, and the other is the light on the dash. They both look a like.

do you think you can post a pic for reference please? :)