Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2002 2.5L Loses Power Up Steep Grades

I am happy about the no CAT replacement as well....

Just out of curiousity - I looked all over the web for info on 100,000 mile warranty on emission gear, but couldn't find anything. I believe that Subaru quotes 80K miles or 5-years on a 2002. Is this a Federal mandate type of thing? (I have not looked through the glove box for info yet).

In 2002 that may have been the mandate. I think now its 100,000 on the cat. Its federal.

nipper

Right from Subaru.com Site:

( By the way, Sensors including the Oxygen sensors, are covered by the 3 year / 36,000 miles Federal Emision Warrenty ). Below covers the Cat and ECU .

Federal Specification Emissions Extended Defect Warranty

Coverage: 8 Years / 80,000 Miles

Some specific major emissions control components (catalytic converter, electronic emissions control unit and the onboard emissions diagnostic device) are covered by the Federal Emissions Defect Warranty for a period of 8 years or 80,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The complete list of parts covered under this warranty is included in your Subaru Warranty and Maintenance Booklet. That booklet also contains other important information about your Federal Specification Emissions Extended Defect Warranty including additional coverages, limitations, and your responsibilities under this warranty. Please read your booklet carefully. If you’re not sure about whether a specific failure on your Subaru is covered, your Subaru dealer will be able to inspect your vehicle and answer any questions you have.