Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seat help needed

ok, as many of you know, i dropped off the side of the road a while back and damaged my poor little Hildy - just about to get new glass installed and get her back on the road (it sucks being broke) but anyway...

the drivers seat got a little torqued in the mishap - the seat back is out of whack - one side leaned back more than the other - my question is this...can i pull the seat out of the car and re-adjust the seat back so it sits properly? :confused:

or am i stuck putting the old seat back in - had swapped the original for the GL-10 model, which i really like...

yeah, i do like the GL-10 seat much better than the stock GL seat - a little more comfortable, the adjustable height thing, like the adjustable headrest too...just hoping i can get it re-alighned to work proper again - would suck to have to go back to the stock seat. :rolleyes:

height control, lumbar support, and is the headrest adjustable front-to-back on the passenger's side? i cant recall, I havent ridden shotgun in my car that often :-p

good luck straightening yours out. My initial point was, yah, these seats are sweet.. hope you get to keep yours. Honestly, its somewhat amazing how one can usually take a seat out of a car and literally rebuild it, springs, foam, upholstery and all.. IF you are willing to spend the cash. more thought went into making them than into say, a La-Z-Boy.... :lol:

well, had time to get the seat out of the car yesterday - appears that the pin the right side of the seat back rotates on is bent - should be a fairly easy fix - get the pin from my old seat and swap it out...one hopes anyway...

the ol girl is a little closer to hitting the road again - got the "new" used fender on her yesterday as well, light housings back in, etc. Glass goes in friday - after that is an exhaust fix, "new" hood, swap the good tires back onto her and we should be good to go.

am going to leave the smashed rear quarter for now - adds "character"! :grin: and it doesnt affect driving...