Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy Ya'll!! It's the Cowgirl!!

What part of Mi do you hail from? I grew up in Kzoo, and spent a couple of years in Detroit.

Subaru's get no respect in MI, but its worth the grief to be able to get around in the snow, and still get good fuel economy.

That's what DH is hoping for!! Good gas mileage, traction in snow, and enough room to haul 2 kids and 3 dogs!! We are in the SE corner--Detroit area....

Glad to have another Suba-natic on the board! Welcome!

Oh, and it's y'all, not ya'll.

(I'm from the South. I have the authority to do that.)

Point taken!! Only I'm not from the south and don't feel that I have right to (nor the correct pronunciation) to type "y'all". So I figured I'd stick with the "Yankee Ya'll"...... kind funny actually.... I've been waiting for someone to correct me on my other webboards I belong to, and you are the first!!!!! *heheheheheee*

Much like moose, the plural of the lexeme y'all is the same as the singular form.

The word y'all, however, is generally accepted as connotating the bespeaking of multiple entities.

Subsequently, the short answer to your query would be this: Y'all doesn't have a plural. It is a plural.

However, although the definition would imply the pontification of more than one party (the locution being simply a contraction of "you" and "all") the multifarious nature of the expression allows it to be cunstrued in any way the user desires.

Yes Professor...........(Ya'll, I think burtonsnowman has had too much to drink , y'all.....:drunk: :drunk: ...*hehehheheheeee*)

Air......yes, yes, I can hear all of your collective sighs.....DH just spent last night poking at that very system with his new Haynes Manual....there is a definetly air leaking from somewhere on drivers side....he thinks the bag is ruptured, but is not exactly sure because he has yet to find the compressor/other components of the system.....he says he will prolly just to a conversion.....(btw, "suspension in need of work" is why we got it for so little $$...)

The ride of the air suspension is nice. I am familiar with the version used on the Old-Gen cars; on these, the compressor/drier are in the left front fender in front of the wheel (under the fender liner). A major cause of leaks on these is at the connections where the o-rings get old and leak (there are something like 8 o-rings in the system). The air bag may be leaking, as they do this when not properly maintained; grossgary has written some excellent information on keeping the system alive.

Yes, Hodges is good. I took my Legacy there for the few recalls that were issued for it and they always were very good to me. Never had to take that car in for any repairs in the 80k that I drove it though.... I'm too cheap to take the old Loyale to the dealer though, it is not nearly the car my Legacy was! There's a place in Ferndale called Dinh's Foriegn Auto Repair that has always done me right for the stuff I couldn't do.

Maybe I should pull the Loyale into Hodges though, maybe they'll offer me a great trade in on it!:lol:

-Doug

I will have to keep those places in mind..... DH is friends with a mechanic at Datsun Doctor in Pontiac area, and all they work on is foreign cars.....I'm sure DH will be picking his brain as he works on the Subie...

You have to be a mechanic to be an Aerostar owner.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry had to say it.

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. :headbang:

Hey! No offense taken..... and you are so right!! Either you ARE a mechanic, you like to tinker and learn to become a mechanic, or you don't own an Aero!! Ours runs really well, but needs some body work...typical on an Aero....

Much like moose, the plural of the lexeme y'all is the same as the singular form.

The word y'all, however, is generally accepted as connotating the bespeaking of multiple entities.

Subsequently, the short answer to your query would be this: Y'all doesn't have a plural. It is a plural.

However, although the definition would imply the pontification of more than one party (the locution being simply a contraction of "you" and "all") the multifarious nature of the expression allows it to be cunstrued in any way the user desires.

Would it be redundant to point out that y'all is already a redundant plural? You is its own plural, and all is explicitly plural.

Welcome, and don't be ashamed about your Aerostar. I have one (stumbled into it rather than it being a dream realized) and it has been one of my most reliable vehicles.

UP in the northern part of Michigan you cant swing a dead cat without hitting a Subaru, they are definitely the most popular car on the roads here, and the best place to have them worked on is The Subaru Guys here in Traverse City, subies are all they do and very reasonable, oh btw way welcome cowgirl

I can tell you are not a cat lover..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you have that bumper sticker " I love Cats...they taste like chicken!" ???? *HAHAHAHAHAH*:lol: :lol: :lol:

(just so you guys know, I *am* a cat lover and own 3 of them....but I also know all the jokes.....:brow: :brow: )

The ride of the air suspension is nice. I am familiar with the version used on the Old-Gen cars; on these, the compressor/drier are in the left front fender in front of the wheel (under the fender liner). A major cause of leaks on these is at the connections where the o-rings get old and leak (there are something like 8 o-rings in the system). The air bag may be leaking, as they do this when not properly maintained; grossgary has written some excellent information on keeping the system alive.

Thanks!! I will try to do a search for posts by grossgary now....:headbang: :headbang: