Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The *trick* to this exersise is if the wheels/tires will fit under your fenders and not rub, or otherwise shred the tire/fender.

A '92 Legacy sport sedan comes stock with a 15" wheel and a 195/60-15 tire which does a pretty good job of filling the wheel well.

The bolt pattern for all these newer Subaru cars is 5X100mm, so the 16" wheels will bolt on, BUT if the installed tire exceeds the diameter of a 195/60-15 by too much, it's going to rub/bind on the body work.

So, without knowing the tire size no one can tell you if it is going to work out, but I will "suggest" this: if the installed tires on those 16" rims are not short (sidewall, eg: 50 series or less) wide tires this is not going to work out for you.

I run a set of 205/55-15 tires in that chassis (without mods) and don't *see* how you can run bigger without hitting stuff. I would not mind trying bigger, but am not interested in wasting my money, if you decide to go ahead maybe you can report on how you make out.