Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well the Forester XT's (turbo) are pretty darn quick. I've heard some people say the Forester is as aerodynamic as a brick. But I don't know, I kind of like it, the hood scoop is cool. It's nice for a small SUV. Personally I would probably go with a turbo outback wagon since it has more cargo room. The Forester was/is based on the impreza. Hopefully the battery stays charged well! :burnout:;)

Well the Forester XT's (turbo) are pretty darn quick. I've heard some people say the Forester is as aerodynamic as a brick. But I don't know, I kind of like it, the hood scoop is cool. It's nice for a small SUV. Personally I would probably go with a turbo outback wagon since it has more cargo room. The Forester was/is based on the impreza. Hopefully the battery stays charged well! :burnout:;)

Me as well would prefer the outback it looks SO hot! compared to the forester i prefer the outback because it produces the same power without having to worry about a turbo, and turbo lag. THEN theres the legacy. They all look yummy.

subaru_forester_sports25xt_2007_440x220.jpg?FOREST3110oiknk.jpglegacyspecb07.jpg

Having driven my XT on German motorways, I can vouch for the aerodynamic "problem". Above 125mph it feels like someone is stepping on the brake, when all you've done is release the throttle.

It does get to 125mph very quickly indeed, and will indicate 140mph without fussing.

All in all, the aerodynamic thing is academic, because there are so few places left on this planet to cruise at such high speeds.

What the Forester can do really well, is surprise even Porsches/Ferrari's at the Traffic Light Grands Prix.

All the others, like big Audi's, Mercs, and the entire GTi bridage, are almost too easy to outrun :clap:

I dunno.. i'm still a big fan of the OB XT's.. (maybe because i have one...) it's more of a sleeper i think... and it isn't as much of an aerodynamic nightmare as the forester... althought the suspension is waaaaayyyy to soft for that amount of power... The Legacy GT on the other hand..... wow.... :eek:

sooo shiney... (w/ Forester XS Rims...)

DSC05587.jpg

or... stock rims... ;)

DSC054792.jpg

again.. the forest is just too boxy... and gets worse milage..... although that isn't really something people worry about too much when they're pushing 250+ hp... it does help to get slightly better fuel economy :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We saw this guy at the LA Auto Show. Unlike a lot of y'all, we both like the Forester best of all the Subies, both in the looks department and as a practical proposition: it's exactly the size we need, no bigger and no smaller. And I think the new Sport is the sexiest little box I've ever seen. We are both officially In Lust...

I kinda like the boxy look of the 2007 Forester. I just can't get into the whole wagon thing. Course, I'm running my Legacy into the ground, but since a WRX is financially out of the question, the Forester is looking to be my choice. I do like that they raised the suspension a bit, but not so much that like every other suv out there.