Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For a complete engine from a 95 Automatic Impreza, with 95K miles on it?

Includes:

Complete running engine

Intake Manifold w/ sensors and wiring

Power Steering pump

Alternator

AC Compressor

Engine Crossmember

Power Steering Rack

There is one on ebay that I'm bidding on because I need this for my 96 Legacy GT with a bad 2.5 I was the first to bid so I put in a low bid of $175, and this morning I was out bid. Fist off, I hope no one else from the board bids against me, especially since this thread could be a key to easily out bid me. Anyhow, how much would you think it's worth bidding on?

Thanks,

Keith

It's worth what someone will pay.

Sniping is common on ebay. Don't get sucked in.

I would try http://www.car-part.com

For a complete engine from a 95 Automatic Impreza, with 95K miles on it?

Includes:

Complete running engine

Intake Manifold w/ sensors and wiring

Power Steering pump

Alternator

AC Compressor

Engine Crossmember

Power Steering Rack

There is one on ebay that I'm bidding on because I need this for my 96 Legacy GT with a bad 2.5 I was the first to bid so I put in a low bid of $175, and this morning I was out bid. Fist off, I hope no one else from the board bids against me, especially since this thread could be a key to easily out bid me. Anyhow, how much would you think it's worth bidding on?

Thanks,

Keith

I don't want to be rude, but lets keep this on topic.

I did not ask how much it's worth, nor did I ask for advice on how to bid on items listed on Ebay.

I'm asking how much other board members would be willing to pay for this combo of parts. I listed my opening bid as a reference.

Thank you,

Keith

what is wrong with your 2.5? we are in bath pa just north of allentown and i have plenty of 95 leg. 2.2 setups (directswap) and depending what is wrong with your 2.5 maybe we could work a trade in value. normally we get $400-$500 for our 2.2s.

:confused:

I'm looking for a replacement engine for my car. I'm not looking to get rid of it or buy another car.

Also, I've already secured another complete engine.

$65 but you'd have to pull it.:Flame:

$250, pulled for me, guaranteed, LOW mileage :burnout:

what happened to the motor....we sometimes buy them for parts[/Quote]

Sorry, not interested in selling them, but the original engine from the car which has 180k miles on it is loose. Slight knock when warm and used a quart of oil in about 1000miles. The other engine I currently have in the car was supposed to be a good engine when I bought it off a person on NASIOC. It burns a quart of oil every 100 miles, but they had the heads rebuilt before pulling the motor, and I think the garage that did it mixed up the valve guide seals. I've got plans to rebuild at least one, but not right now. Both of these engines had head gasket failures, and both had heads resurfaced and other work done. So they are both generally speaking good motors that just need work. Right now I want the car to be drivable and reliable, and that means 95 EJ22.