Ultimate Subaru Message Board

final drive ratios on xt6's

Hey, I believe I have a :dead: little gear that powers my speedometer cable. I have a 1988 xt6 4eat. I also have a parts car; a 1988-9 xt6 2wd. What are my final drive ratios? I'd really like to know if I can swap the little innards so my speedometer works right again. Anyone know xt6 final drives?

Thanks--

A 90 XT? Do you have the last 8 of the VIN handy? I wanna check and be sure it's a 90 XT, because if it is, it will be the ONLY 1990 XT that I know of. I've never seen any 90 XT, online, in person, anywhere.

For everyone's knowledge, NO 1990 XT6s were made, and a VERY small number of 1990 XT 4cyls were made.

If it's a 90, then it's 4EAT but FWD only according to the brochures.

A 90 XT? Do you have the last 8 of the VIN handy? I wanna check and be sure it's a 90 XT, because if it is, it will be the ONLY 1990 XT that I know of. I've never seen any 90 XT, online, in person, anywhere.

For everyone's knowledge, NO 1990 XT6s were made, and a VERY small number of 1990 XT 4cyls were made.

If it's a 90, then it's 4EAT but FWD only according to the brochures.

Listing for my prospective tranny is for 89-91 XT 4cyl. The shop say's it is brand new, crated from subaru dealer, 4spd, AWD. Does this seem right? If it's what they say it should fit into my GL Turbo AWD.