Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Beating the italian prime rib

djbroadus

I have to start with... I'm a lamborghini fan.

Now.. That is a pretty nice wrx, sounded kinda modified. That's cool, but modified street cars shouldn't be compared to stock cars, at any time.

And.. Gallardo's are soft Audi lambo's, no wonder it lost, it's not as super as a supercar should be to start with....

that was kinda an unfair race... while the wrx is awesome it was racing the lambo where it doesn't shine... the lambo isn't a drag car, it is a race car... (well it's supposed to be... dunno how many people actually use them as such)

put them on the track and the lambo would win hands down... and i don't mean the drag strip... still cool though...

subaru beat the lambo!:grin:

Isn't there a top gear video where a modified Evo kept up with a lambourghini murcielago?

Oh well, link dont work anyway. :-\

I have that video. it's not a modified EVO. stock Evo Viii MR FQ400 (non-USDM version...)

"A fit, young, racing champion, in a supercar. Cannot pull away from a fat man, in a 4-door Saloon"

cool video....the best part is the second half where the rip into it. racing it against a 1.6l fiat wagon from 30mph in top gear. 1.7 mile runway, and it never caught up.

HIGHLY recommend watching that video....

btw....Ferrari is the Stallion...Lamborghini's emblem is a Bull

As cool as that is, the sound of a Lambo Gallardo or Murcielago with a Tubi exhaust beats every Subaru sound I've ever heard.

http://www.q8speed.com/video/gallardoq8.wmv

In person, it sounds kind or like ripping metal. Nothing short of awesome!

http://www.zrauto.ca/zr_player.cfm?videoID=4

- Most of that clip was filmed within an hour of where I live