Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Retrofit Heated Mirrors/Seats???

I have a MY 95 outback with no heated mirrors/seats. Saw one 96 OBS limited with winter package. I am wondering if MY 95 is pre wired for such options? If not, can anyone provide some electrical diagrams?

Thanks

BTW, I did search and found some info on the heated seats swap, but no info regarding to the heated mirrors

For heated mirror you have to get the dash switch, swap the mirror assemblies (or install a heating element), run the wires under dash and splice a couple of connections. I plan to do it soon.

Do a search for "subaru factory service manual" and you'll find links to a site with wiring diagrams among other stuff.

• 10 months later...
For heated mirror you have to get the dash switch, swap the mirror assemblies (or install a heating element), run the wires under dash and splice a couple of connections. I plan to do it soon.

Do a search for "subaru factory service manual" and you'll find links to a site with wiring diagrams among other stuff.

Last summer my wife broke off the pass door mirror on her 98 OBW Limited. It was impossible to find a Limited in a wrecking yard with the heated mirrors. So, I had to replace with a non heated mirror. It was simply a matter of not hooking up the two factory wires in the door wiring to the non heated mirror.

What was a bear was removing one of the philips headed screws that is accessed through a hole in the door frame. It takes a drive with the proper size philips head to get enough leverage to loosen. A regular screw driver will not give you enough leverage.

Good luck on the update. I hope you can find the replacement mirrors easily.