Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how much are drive axles for a 83 gl?

New GCKs about $110, no core. If your planning on keeping the car, spend good money and get new ones. Later, Tim

word. thats what i'm gonna go this summer. swap out my remans for new. still get a little vibration that i attribute to crappy remans. have had new tires rebalanced twice, all my front end parts are in good shape, replaced u-joints, and never been wrecked. not a serious vibration but just enough to be annoying.

word. thats what i'm gonna go this summer. swap out my remans for new. still get a little vibration that i attribute to crappy remans. have had new tires rebalanced twice, all my front end parts are in good shape, replaced u-joints, and never been wrecked. not a serious vibration but just enough to be annoying.

Now, I only say this because I just cleaned out my car and found my orignial tie rod ends in the back.. I had to replace them because one got clobbered when I hit a curb (don't laugh, but I took a left turn across a divided highway, and i took the turn too shallow :rolleyes:)

BUT, even my "good" tie rod end was as loose as a goose when I removed it.. it MIGHT be worth popping your tie rod ends off the steering knuckles to give them a real inspection, since they only cost about $20 each.. of course, you need to do tha front end alignment after replacing them, BUT still,I figured it was worth mentioning.