Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ok, this is going to sound a bit stupid.........

I had my center console ripped out of my 95 legacy sedan. When i went to reassemble it, I noticed that the bulb for the gear shifter was dead. I wanted to remove it and replace, but I can't get the bugger out. How do I get this thing out?! I assume that I can take it to an auto parts store and show them what needs to be replaced.... however I need to take it out first!

ok, this is going to sound a bit stupid.........

I had my center console ripped out of my 95 legacy sedan. When i went to reassemble it, I noticed that the bulb for the gear shifter was dead. I wanted to remove it and replace, but I can't get the bugger out. How do I get this thing out?! I assume that I can take it to an auto parts store and show them what needs to be replaced.... however I need to take it out first!

I have the same model and year and I had to replace it too and it was hard to take out. Use a cloth so that if the bulb breaks in your fingers you don't get hurt. I don't remember of it's a push in and twist to get it out or just yank it out type. find out which type of bulb it is, go to a part store and purchase one and you'll see what needs to be done.

My statement may sound a bit obvious

but

There must be a Subaru dealer in Omaha

For the price difference ~2 USD vs 1 USD

why not get the correct lamp

(wattage esp., that the autoparts may guess at

even with the lamp in hand)

Once you have the correct lamp

it's base config should be obvious -no?

Sorry for being logical, it is not normaly my nature.