Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Been having probs with my power steering on the H2.....seems to hop when i turn left...or back up turning left or right... .

this has been going on now for about a month.....last wk i had my front strutts replaced....and its still there...(thought maybe the o'l strutts with 249K had something to do with it )

anyway...its acting funny...

iam not leaking power steering fluid...anywere....

could it be my hydraulic lines are shot?

would appreciate any ideas........spark:cool:

Well it sounds more like torque bind then a power steering issue. Subaru PS is trouble free. And jerking as you describe is where TB will show up.

Will the car ilde smoothly through tight turns?

Which tranny do you have.

nipper

Well it sounds more like torque bind then a power steering issue. Subaru PS is trouble free. And jerking as you describe is where TB will show up.

Will the car ilde smoothly through tight turns?

Which tranny do you have.

nipper

sort of .........its a auto

Thats what i thought.

First make sure all your tires are equally inflated. If you have one thats low, or a tire that doesnt match the others you will get TB.

Next put the fuse in the FWD holder under the hood and see if it goes away. If it does we have fighting chance to solve this without big bucks. If it goes away, leave it in untill you can get the tranny fluid flushed/chainged.

nipper

Thats what i thought.

First make sure all your tires are equally inflated. If you have one thats low, or a tire that doesnt match the others you will get TB.

Next put the fuse in the FWD holder under the hood and see if it goes away. If it does we have fighting chance to solve this without big bucks. If it goes away, leave it in untill you can get the tranny fluid flushed/chainged.

nipper

new kyb struts last wkend...tires balanced..ect

*put the fuse* in the FWD holder??

We need to get a pic of this and make it a sticky. This is something all subaru owners with automatics need to know what it is, and when to use it. You need to know it for when you put the spare on the car. It disables thw AWD.

I am going to assume you dont have an owners manual.

Near the wiper motor under the hood is a fuse holder. It should be empty. You put a fuse in it when you put on the spare or have diagnose something like this.

nipper

We need to get a pic of this and make it a sticky. This is something all subaru owners with automatics need to know what it is, and when to use it. You need to know it for when you put the spare on the car. It disables thw AWD.

I am going to assume you dont have an owners manual.

Near the wiper motor under the hood is a fuse holder. It should be empty. You put a fuse in it when you put on the spare or have diagnose something like this.

nipper

Ok got it........i'll ck this out friday and let you know thanks for the info Nipper.

spark.........

The owners manual calls for a 20 amp fuse, I'm not sure how much it really matters though

ive put in a 5 amp. All that circuit does is send a signal to the TCU to open the Duty C Solenoid and trip the FWD light.

nipper