Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Legacy L cruise/clutch questions

Hey again everyone...

I need a couple of hints here!

My clutch is engaging really high (I talked about it in a previous thread) and I notice it only when I watch the tach (it drops and catches between about 250rpm intermittently under power). How do I adjust the height of a clutch on these wagons? (It is a 2.2L AWD)

second...

The cruise control won't engage... the switch on the dash lights up http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/images/smilies/GRIN.GIF

but it won't hold a speed. I checked the "cruise" fuse and it is intact.

Any other ideas? How do I begin to troubleshoot this?

third...

The cig lighter doesn't work :) I need to plug in my radar detector and phone SOMEWHERE :) Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance :)

N

I've gotten so used to the high clutch engagement on my 95 Legacy L wagon that I don't think about it anymore (until I drive my WRX). Four years ago the chuckleheads at my local Subaru dealership told me that my clutch was about to fail and that it required replacing. They actually told me to just trade it in for $1,000 against the 02 WRX. @*# bandits... Four years of lead foot driving later and many many miles, the clutch is just fine. I've toned done the stoplight starts just to be careful but sometimes I forget.

I'd take a really good look at your fuses. The quickest way for me was to simply buy new fuses and do the replace and test method. You can't really tell if a fuse is blown by just looking at it. By the way, you're lucky your switch lights still work. Most people with 95's have probably have already replaced theirs.

ditto daehttub2000 on the clutch. I've had people on this board tell me my clutch is toast and I've since drivien it across the country twice and have been climbing Big Cottonwood canyon on a daily basis this winter. Yeah it engages high but if you're use to it you can compensate...or like nipper said just dial it out a little bit on the adjustment. As long as you can still accelerate you don't need to replace it.