Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This months Colorado Meet 3/25/07 10:00AM at Red Rocks

I will be there guys. I am going to be driving the lifted hatch!:)

Sick!

I am stoked, cant wait to see my car parked next to all these other cool lifted rigs. We are going to have a good old school turnout for once!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye this might be one of the show's where almost all of us regular members show!

How many were planning on going the drive/beau jo's afterwards? From a few people I talked to, including myself were planning on not going.....weather supposed to be good and few people might be coming back to my place to look at the parts RX (Jon & Phil).......................................

So do we want to just make an USMB BBQ afterwards?? Would have to be bring your own stuff + stuff to share. Anyone interested? Know it's short notice but what the heck thought I would throw it out there since almost all of us should be there. :)

Aye this might be one of the show's where almost all of us regular members show!

How many were planning on going the drive/beau jo's afterwards? From a few people I talked to, including myself were planning on not going.....weather supposed to be good and few people might be coming back to my place to look at the parts RX (Jon & Phil).......................................

So do we want to just make an USMB BBQ afterwards?? Would have to be bring your own stuff + stuff to share. Anyone interested? Know it's short notice but what the heck thought I would throw it out there since almost all of us should be there. :)

sound like a plan to me i'll pitch in for food if rick pays me back at the meet if not i'll go hungry

Me gots some pics. Will put them in my gallery in a few minutes.

After the meet I went up to BeauJo's (but way later than the WRX crowd had) and had some pie and then headed up toward Eisenhower tunnel to see how the wagon does on power. Real good IMO. Coming back the ski traffic was horrible so I took the frontage road and I am really glad I did. I went thru what I think is downieville on the South side of I-70 on the frontage road is a nice older guy that has 4 Brats sitting outside his place. Stopped and talked to him and got to see some of his handywork.

He's got various 82-84's and one that he has almost completed an ej22 swap on.

I told him I would see about "bringing" a meet up to him so maybe a few of us could run up that way with our toys and check out the Brats.

He refers to himself as a hermit of sorts and doesnt like to get out much but would love to meet you guys and your rides. Im thinking, lets head up his way soon and then go up the road to Grey's peak to see how far we can get. I approached the road myself and was not about to try it without some backup along (heck I didnt even have a shovel along).

Nice find Shawn!

Few of us Jeff, Phil, & Tom (tomsbrats) came back to my place and had a quick BBQ and hung out....of course Jeff's XT6 is still sitting in front of my house now (and he left with Phil in his RX):lol: ...Sorry Jeff had to say it.

Anyways I didn't take but 4 pics...yea was blabing too much and they are all of the old school group. Was great to see such a turn out. We had 5 Lifted rigs next to eachother before Yeti took off (and I didn't get a pic before that)...and 3 count them...3 Gen 1 Brats! Was a good show for the old school!

Here's my crappy pics (if you look close that red lifted hatch is the one Jerry has been hiding from the board forever!):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Nice find Shawn!

Few of us Jeff, Phil, & Tom (tomsbrats) came back to my place and had a quick BBQ and hung out....of course Jeff's XT6 is still sitting in front of my house now (and he left with Phil in his RX):lol: ...Sorry Jeff had to say it.

its for sale, hell want it keith? i'll include the being rebuilt before thurdsay alt and if its under warrety a new waterpump, i just can't bring myself to sell it so i'm going to give it away. i'm done that car has left me stranded for the last time i'm sick of having to baby it, i'm sick of it lasting less then 6months between break downs

any way, i had a great time at the meet aside from that, and we need to have a bbq again sometime this summer when evreyone can come

Me like huge group photo picture...in case anybody is wondering I counted 164 SUBARUs (and they dominated the meet and dominate AWDPIRATES.net at the meet but all the same theres a ton of people here:

March25thmeetpics_003.jpg

I especially enjoy the little fact that the Brats are all by themselves in this photo as if to give the notion that the rest of the cars are afraid of them. :)

You got some good photo's Shawn! and that one is just perfect-o!

Good to hear you made it home Tom..Jeff obviously wasn't that lucky.

And Jeff bring me the title and keys....:lol: you know I don't pass up free cars.......

But you also know you're not going to get rid of it. It's at a safe place and I'll help ya put it back together. I will say I have never heard a water pump make that noise before.....and then to have the alt die at the same time :confused:...DeathWedge wasn't happy with you today.