Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hrmm.

Do all your tires match, and are they evenly inflated? Thats the only thing i can come up with, untill something more hidious rears its ugly head.

Did you flush the fluid or change just whats in the pan? DO you drive with a heavy foot or with a full load in the car? How are the other fluid levels?

nipper

The entire system was flushed cause i had some solenoid switches that needed replacing....im not a heavy driver....more towards the easy driver side...and my tires are equally inflated.....all my fluid levels are ok and i try to check them every week along with my tire pressure every week.

When you say stinky do you mean significantly different from new ATF? Is it blackish? What brand/type fluid was put in? The most likely reason for stinky/back ATF fluid is overheating, says above 200 deg. F regularly. You could put in an ATF temp gauge if desired. Was the in-radiator cooler flushed too? If it's plugged with shrapnel maybe it's not circulating too well. :burnout: