Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My mother in law has a 2002 outback with a six disk changer (p122). The cd's are stuck inside the radio and will not eject.

1. Are there any tricks to getting them out?

2. If I buy a replacement radio off of ebay is it just as easy as pulling the old one out and putting the new one in? Or are there a bunch of anti-theft codes that I need to know to make it work?

thanks, earl

Common problem is using home made cds with paste on labels.

If you open the unit and discover one such cd, the unit may not yet be toast.

The radio says that there’re 5 cd's in their, but when I hit the eject button nothing happens. Everything else works on the radio.

Maybe I'll just install an after market radio. I'll just buy the wiring harness and install kit and be done with it.

The radio says that there’re 5 cd's in their, but when I hit the eject button nothing happens. Everything else works on the radio.

Maybe I'll just install an after market radio. I'll just buy the wiring harness and install kit and be done with it.

If you've already decided to send it to the trash heap, what can it hurt to open the bugger and see what's wrong? You may get lucky and find that simply powering off the unit completely will reset a memory or you may find a disc jammed up. Remember, it's already broken... you can't break it!