Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi. At idle I am reading about 32 psig fuel pressure. The manual says it should be between 30-34 psig, so this reading seems OK.

At full throttle (nearly zero vacuum), I am reading maybe 37psig. This is the highest I've seen it get. The manual says it should be between 41-46psig.

Do Subaru fuel pressure regulators go faulty very often? Or maybe my gauge isn't very accurate (cyberdyne digital; not sure how accurate it is).

I don't think my filters are causing any issue. If I run the key from acc to run a bunch of times without starting (zero vacuum), the highest pressure I read is 37psig.

Should the fuel pressure bleed down from sitting? Before I cycle the key, the pressure is very low.

Well I went out and clamped off the fuel line after the filter. I went key acc to run for just a second and the pressure went to 61psig, so it appears the fuel pump isn't the problem.

I pulled the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator and put some seafoam down in there. After that the peak reading I can now get is 41psig fuel pressure vs 37psig before. I'll see tomorrow if is any higher after the seafoam soaks in the regulator overnight....