Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have ordered the 17" wheels/tires for my car and the offset will bring them out 5mm further than stock, thereby creating a chance that the inner fender wall may rub on hard cornering. I am considering installing a stiffer aftermarket sway bar (anti-sway bar) on the car, do they make such a thing for this vehicle? I've been searching the net, but most aftermarket parts are for newer or sportier Subarus. :(

1990 Legacy Wagon AWD auto.

Sorry Kilroy I do not know the answer.

A 91 Turbo may have a bigger bar.

I currently have a 93 T-wagon I could measure for you

if you like.

You are aware 5mm = 0.19" is not that much.

Like l--l

actualy that distance.

If you used the tire diameter calculator to find the right

aspect ratio for the series (50,55,60 ect)

You would be doing some hard cornering to make it hit.

The inner lips of the fenders can be rolled easily that amount.

The problem is that the 1990-1991 Legacies use the drop style endlinks - not the C-Style links of the newer cars.

Yep.

You CAN swap your rear control arms to a 92-94, which will then give you more options for rear swaybars.

But for now, you've got the 91 Turbo rear bar as your option, and it's honestly quite a good option. I have a Turbo rear swaybar and love it.

Wow, 6 quick answers and everyone one of them very informative!

I realize that 5mm is very little, but I ordered the wheel/tire package from Tire Rack over the internet and got a phone call the next day from the sales rep stating that it was a very 'aggressive' fitment and that I may need to roll my fender wells. The tire size is almost identical to stock, with the exception that it will be a touch wider. I measured the distance (taking into account my current tire wear) from my tire to the inner fender well and have at least 2" to the front and rear even when turning, this left the only problem being the suspension compressing during hard cornering. I just wanted to be prepared to install the sway bar should it be necessary and available.

Thanks for the info guys!! :headbang: