Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Part number & possible source `95 Legacy AWD

hi all, after a year of troublefree `95 Subaru Legacy LSi here we are again;)

I was wondering if any of you know part number I need and possible source for it.

I'm looking for toe-in adjuster bolt for rear suspension for above mentioned Subaru.

Put new tires on the car and few months later found out that allignment is all messed up. took it for allignment and was told they can not adjust rear toe-in because the adjuster bolt is so corroded that the only way to get it off would be to heat it but because of a rubber bushing it would melt, I was also told that control arms are in such terrible condition that they would need to be replaced and that this shop could perform this job for lots of $$$$$. so I went under the car to see the condition of those really bed control arms and found a little bit of corrosion on them, but for a car from `95 with almost 150k miles almost everything is corroded especially since this car is driven in midwest. so I'm thinking that I'll just cut off those bolts on both sides, buy new once, install them and I'll take it back for allignment. but I can't find those toe-in adjuster bolts anywhere. I'm thinking dealer may be the only source, but the one I go to they ask me for part numbers every time I go there, yeah I know. so I was wondering if any of you guys could help me find those bolts.

thank you all for your help

Matt

a used set of lateral links isn't too hard to find on nasioc. WRX wagon, 93-01 Impreza, and 92-99 Legacy links will all work. I paid $40 for a full set. Here is what it took to remove an old one:

latlink.jpg

You should buy all new hardware while you're at it. Subiegal can get you everything at a good price.

I don't need lateral link, just the toe-in adjuster bolt that is mounted at one end of rear lateral link. any idea where to get them?

a used set of lateral links isn't too hard to find on nasioc. WRX wagon, 93-01 Impreza, and 92-99 Legacy links will all work. I paid $40 for a full set. Here is what it took to remove an old one:

latlink.jpg

You should buy all new hardware while you're at it. Subiegal can get you everything at a good price.

a dealership is the only place. Subiegal is the internet parts person for a dealership in WA. PM her and she will look up the bolts for you.

My point is that it will be very difficult to remove the bolt without ruining the bushing in the lateral link.

Instead of trying to take the bolt out, possibly destroying various bushings, then maybe having to destroy other bushings to get the link out, then having to find new bushings and get them pressed in, it might be better to buy a set of used links and all new hardware.

you might be right, but cutting bolts should not damage rubber bushing, and if it does then I guess I'll be looking for used/new parts:-\

a dealership is the only place. Subiegal is the internet parts person for a dealership in WA. PM her and she will look up the bolts for you.

My point is that it will be very difficult to remove the bolt without ruining the bushing in the lateral link.

Instead of trying to take the bolt out, possibly destroying various bushings, then maybe having to destroy other bushings to get the link out, then having to find new bushings and get them pressed in, it might be better to buy a set of used links and all new hardware.