Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The RS is gone...WRX in its place.

Well...to start off....I traded in my 2005 2.5 RS Sport Package'd Sedan 5MT in on this WRX.

The WRX was purchased at a wholesale auction...looked good on the outside despite some small blemishes, and the interior was rather clean except for the head liner. The car was purchased for intentions of turning it around and reselling and making lots of $$$ on it.

However...during my UVI (Used vehicle inspection...over 150 points of inspection)....there are LOTS wrong with this thing.

In no particular order....

its got 91k miles on it...so its due for the timing belt/seals/waterpump, the aftermarket inlet pipe was ripped and leaking at every seam and hose junction, all 4 struts were missing proper hardware and were making lots of noises, the sway bars were clunking due to lack of lube, the boost control system was a nice mess and the car made little boost, intake parts were missing, it needs brakes all around...and...there is red clay-mud CAKED everywhere under the car. After a $4,000 estimate to return it to a SELLABLE condition...the Sales manager decided to send it back to auction.

Thats when i punched in the numbers...

I owed 16.7k on my RS. No way i can sell it outright for that. best trade in value is 13k.

They paid 8,800 and some change for this car. That put it to 9,500 after shop bill, and all the other fees that the dealer has to charge ($499)

Hmmm...can i roll my negative balance into this WRX? Yes.

So it worked out that i paid 14,700 and some change out the door. So i came out 2g's on top, a LOWER payment, AND for a shorter term. Oh, and my interest rate was WAY better than on the RS.

So even with worst case possible...if i had to sell the WRX, I have every single piece needed to put it back to 100% factory like new condition and unload it for KBB value...15,500. Ok, lets do it. I signed on many dotted lines...the RS is back to stock...and now I have a WRX.

here's what it came with besides all the problems:

Moonroof!!!!!!!!!!!! JDM!!!!!!

Heated seats!!!!!!!!!! SUPER JDM!!!!

The interior, minus the stained headliner, is in great shape.

The body only has a few minor issues...some dents, a few scratches...otherwise its straight and has not been wrecked.

Came with F/R whiteline swaybars.

Prodrive round tip muffler

3rd cat delete (replacing whole thing with catted Helix DP)

STi wing

STi hood scoop

samco inlet hose (torn up badly tho)

ghetto grounding mod

OZ-Prodrive P1's in Silver with new tires (For sale! $800)

And, its my fav Impreza color...PSM.

I will most likely prep it for STX/STU competition...until the engine or trans has to come out for some reason...then it'll most likely be a SM car for the rest of its life.

as of right now I have the top of the engine apart to replace the inlet pipe, install up pipe/downpipe and some other stuff.

DSCF5471.JPG

DSCF5472.JPG

Planned mod list:

STi muffler

Stromung 2.5" SS center pipe section

Helix catted downpipe

Up pipe (either OE STi or gutted stock unit)

SUBARU STi SS brake lines

SUBARU JDM black (faded to light gray now) 4 pots in the front

Agency Power 2.5" inlet pipe

Perring Afta-MAF tube

Megan Racing street coilover with WJM caster mod

Whiteline front control arm offset bushings

Whiteline steering rack bushings

RE070 for the street and STX/STU competition

Wheels: Bronze 17x7 ADR, Silver 17x7 ADR, Silver 17x7 Nippon F2, Silver 17x7.5 STi BBS, 1999 Silver 16x7 RS 5 spoke, 2000~2001 Silver 16x7 RS 6 Spoke, Silver 15x7 Kosei K1, Gunmetal 17x8 Rota Tarmac 1

Going back to stock WRX wing/trunk

Going back to stock WRX hood scoop

Its possible i might do all the rear bushings...later links, trailing arm and in the knuckle.